Thread: Watering From a freshwater fish tank

Thanks

Default Answered: Watering From a freshwater fish tank

I'm doing a small soil grow, Cheese and AK auto-flowering. My question is this: has anyone used the nutrient rich water from a freshwater fish tank for growing? I'm sure it can be beneficial, I'm just not sure if it should be treated like fertilizer and only used sparingly.

I'd appreciate hearing your opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. "if you are in soil, then yes it can be used, and ive read a few have had very good results from it.
    you dont want to use it every watering tho, apparently its only meant to be every few feeds.

I used to grow in soil many many moons ago and the 2 things that worked for me were mychorizzo (root grow) every pot up, and sulphur free mollasses, mixed in water later in flower. Feeds the micro herd in the soil, which feeds the flowers."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Creeper420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times
    Provided Answers: 31

if you are in soil, then yes it can be used, and ive read a few have had very good results from it.
    you dont want to use it every watering tho, apparently its only meant to be every few feeds.

I used to grow in soil many many moons ago and the 2 things that worked for me were mychorizzo (root grow) every pot up, and sulphur free mollasses, mixed in water later in flower. Feeds the micro herd in the soil, which feeds the flowers.
    Last edited by bigbadbillybob; 29-01-17 at 02:07 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,868 Times
    Provided Answers: 13

Heck I be given me plants water straight out the crick and lakes in my parts and be lots of fish poop in it don't seem to harm none but then again between that and rain water is all I ever use. Good luck pilgrim hopes yual fill yur need in the end

BWD

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BackWoodsDrifter For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (21-02-17), GEORGE (29-01-17)

Thanks

Thanks to you both. I'm going to use it for a few weeks during veg and early flower. My wife has a 120 gallon tank, so there's no lack of poopy fish water to go around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times
    Provided Answers: 7

Aquarium water will be high in nitrates and/or nitrates which can be converted into nitrogen. It won't contain a lot of calmag, P or K.
    Just watch out for plants going too dark.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
    Cheers Dru!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

Creeper420 (30-01-17)

Thanks

It works the same way as aquaponics.
    Last edited by Blue; 21-02-17 at 11:23 AM. Reason: *Link Removed

Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times

We have been switching to a partial aquaponics setup for veggies and vegetative growth and have been using the waste for teas and watering and have been seeing excellent results! We have not used the water past week two into flower due to the amount of nitrogen, but have used it for a tea and they are also thriving!