Thread: Does flushing get rid of good, helpful bacteria?

Thanks

Default Does flushing get rid of good, helpful bacteria?

Hi all you awesome people!

I have a problem with gnats, almost an infestation and they all get stuck in the buds, so I got some Nemotodes (bacteria that eat gnat larvae before they hatch).

One of my plants needs flushing, but I am worried this will flush the bacteria also. Will it? Or should I just water the plant without nutes for a while and hope for the best?

The reason I need to flush is another of my plants was going light-green/yellow at the top, and flushing fixed that one. Now a different one is showing the exact same problem of light-green/yellow at the top.

Gnats are a problem for everyone here, it must be the climate. Normally they don't matter much but when they clog up the buds.. gross!! I need to keep the damn gnats at bay, but I want to flush.

Please help me to decide!

Thanks,

Max

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maximan22 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-01-17)

Thanks

Flush! And put some tights stretched over your air intake, it may stop them getting in. I would flush in your situation for definite. Nutrients can be replaced
    There are no mistakes. The events we bring upon ourselves, no matter how unpleasant, are necessary in order to learn what we need to learn; whatever steps we take, they're necessary to reach the places we've chosen to go.

~Richard Bach

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bud-e For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,728 Times

Hi maximan... welcome to the forum.. good place here.
    A bit more info would be good.. indoors, outdoors, lights, medium, strain, ph, ec, rh etc etc.. ppl will be able to give you a better answer if they have as much info as possible..
    Go and say hello 3 more times in the welcome thread so your post count gets to 10 so you can post pics and then a photo or 2 would be even better.
    Never had gnats myself but im pretty new to growing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

Nemotodes should be largely unaffected by a flush I would say.... but I would value a second opinion!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-01-17)

Thanks

Thanks for your answers guys (and gals)!

I can confirm that nematodes do not wash out when plants are flushed. I flushed for 20 mins each plant, and still the gnats have been absolutely eradicated. From hundreds to literally none at all.

cheers,

Max