Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vape oil help

Thanks

Default Vape oil help

Hi forgive me if this is in the wrong section but I've been trying to make the oil for vaping using the alcohol extraction method.
    What I did was
    Ground up 7 grams and decarbed at 220 degrees for about 45 minutes.
    Put it into a jar with ever clear 190 proof for 2 days shaking it every few hours.
    Filtered it out and put the jar with the alcohol/mj mix in a crockpot on warm setting and let the alcohol evaporate.

Now from my understanding your supposed to be left with a thick oil then you then mix with pg/vg or peg. But I let it evaporate overnight because there was no high temperatures for me to worry about and everything evaporated except a crust on the bottom of the jar.

Did I mess it up somehow? I added a little bit of alcohol and re absorbed it all then added my pg/vg and let it evaporate again and it looks fine but I haven't tried it yet.
    Was that supposed to happen?

Again not sure if this is the right section but if someone has experience making it and can help me out it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrWooly For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-02-17), Samwise Gamgee (31-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Way too high temps , dry at 90deg because thc decays at 110

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-02-17), Samwise Gamgee (31-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Samwise is the guy you need to talk to about this...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-02-17), Trex (01-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

Hi mate

Looks like a couple of issues I would say, firstly the heat you decarb your weed at should literally be the lowest setting on your oven, I think mine is 90c, and then for five minutes as you done.

You really need to make the oil, and then make the e-juice, otherwise your going to struggle getting the strength you want.

I usually decarb the bud, then in jar, for a good shaking with the iso, I usually put the iso in the freezer over night as well, and keep the bud in there. Then filter the mix using coffee filters to get all the weed out and just leave you with the iso.

Then evaporate off the iso SAFELY***

You should then be left with a thick oil, you then fill up a thick bottomed glass in a sauce pan of off the boil water, and add your oil to the PG mix, until you get the strength you require, the heat of the boiling water will just aid mixing it together

Hope that helps a bit fella

Quote Originally Posted by DrWooly View Post
    Hi forgive me if this is in the wrong section but I've been trying to make the oil for vaping using the alcohol extraction method.
    What I did was
    Ground up 7 grams and decarbed at 220 degrees for about 45 minutes.
    Put it into a jar with ever clear 190 proof for 2 days shaking it every few hours.
    Filtered it out and put the jar with the alcohol/mj mix in a crockpot on warm setting and let the alcohol evaporate.

Now from my understanding your supposed to be left with a thick oil then you then mix with pg/vg or peg. But I let it evaporate overnight because there was no high temperatures for me to worry about and everything evaporated except a crust on the bottom of the jar.

Did I mess it up somehow? I added a little bit of alcohol and re absorbed it all then added my pg/vg and let it evaporate again and it looks fine but I haven't tried it yet.
    Was that supposed to happen?

Again not sure if this is the right section but if someone has experience making it and can help me out it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 31-01-17 at 11:17 PM.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (31-01-17), DrWooly (05-02-17), Esh (06-02-17), GEORGE (27-02-17), M_C (31-01-17), Trex (01-02-17), Volcano (11-02-17)

Thanks

Default Vape oil help

Quote Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
    Hi mate

Looks like a couple of issues I would say, firstly the heat you decarb your weed at should literally be the lowest setting on your oven, I think mine is 90c, and then for five minutes as you done.

You really need to make the oil, and then make the e-juice, otherwise your going to struggle getting the strength you want.

I usually decarb the bud, then in jar, for a good shaking with the iso, I usually put the iso in the freezer over night as well, and keep the bud in there. Then filter the mix using coffee filters to get all the weed out and just leave you with the iso.

Then evaporate off the iso SAFELY***

You should then be left with a thick oil, you then fill up a thick bottomed glass in a sauce pan of off the boil water, and add your oil to the PG mix, until you get the strength you require, the heat of the boiling water will just aid mixing it together

Hope that helps a bit fella
    Sorry I've been inactive for a little while had some stuff going on.

The temperature I decarbed at was 200 -225 Fahrenheit or 93 Celsius for about 45-60 minutes.

I did everything you described but when evaporating I was left with no oil just a green/brown crust on the bottom of my jar.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DrWooly For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-02-17)

Thanks

Sorry I've been inactive for a little while had some stuff going on.

The temperature I decarbed at was 200 -225 Fahrenheit or 93 Celsius for about 45-60 minutes.

I did everything you described but when evaporating I was left with no oil just a green/brown crust on the bottom of my jar.

Best you use a rice cooker with lid on but just ofset so pressure dont build , it doesnt quite boil your mix and does a very lovely job of creating nice gooey oil . A 5/6 cup rice cooker is what i have and costs about 15/20$ .

To decarb well , i put in freezer for 12 hrs , crush it ,then i stove for a few minutes at 100deg F not C ,at 110 deg C ,roughly 230deg ,your thc is fucked and so degraded not worth smoking . Then let weed sit back in freezer for 12 hrs .

Then i rinse the weed with 99%iso ,let sit in freezer til its below 0 for 30 mins or so .

Keep your alcohol at all times in freezer
    Last edited by Trex; 05-02-17 at 10:48 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Best you use a rice cooker with lid on but just ofset so pressure dont build , it doesnt quite boil your mix and does a very lovely job of creating nice gooey oil . A 5/6 cup rice cooker is what i have and costs about 15/20$ .
    The crockpot I have is similar to what your describing and on the warm setting keeps the water on cool side of warm I can keep my hand in the water with no problem it's not hot at all. What I'm thinking could be the problem is maybe too much airflow near the jar as I'm evaporating? I had a fan nearby and that's the only thing I can think of that would make everything evaporate.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrWooly For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-02-17), Trex (05-02-17)

Thanks

The crockpot I have is similar to what your describing and on the warm setting keeps the water on cool side of warm I can keep my hand in the water with no problem it's not hot at all. What I'm thinking could be the problem is maybe too much airflow near the jar as I'm evaporating? I had a fan nearby and that's the only thing I can think of that would make everything evaporate.

You want fan to blow the alcohol vapours away becsuse man those are extremely explosif and toxic . Air flow and evacuation is a definate must my friend

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-02-17)

Thanks

Ill try and find you the thread by Chew , he tought me how to make it. Let me have dinner and ill try and find it .

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    You want fan to blow the alcohol vapours away becsuse man those are extremely explosif and toxic . Air flow and evacuation is a definate must my friend
    I guess I'll just have to try making it again and see how it goes. I've got enough stuff laying around as I don't smoke as much as I used to.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrWooly For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-02-17), Trex (05-02-17)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast