Thread: How to trick themal diode?

Thanks

Default How to trick themal diode?

Hi

Hope you guys with a little more electrical knowledge than my self can help me out.
    I've got an Air Conditioning unit that is permanently running with a sensor that will kick the AC unit in and out (the main unit/fan is always running)

Now i intend to have the unit plugged into a remote thermostat which works great, only problem is once the power has been disconnected, and re-connected them temperature resets back to 25c, thus the unit not kicking in (until it's changed below the threshold) .

The sensor hangs out the front, and if i squeeze it the temp raises and the units kicks in

Now my questions is;
    How can i trick the unit? Can i cut the sensor off and cross the two connections across or will i need a transistor?

Thanks for the help!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

M_C (31-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

I hate questions like this

... I'll be chewing this over all night now
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Html33 (31-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I hate questions like this

... I'll be chewing this over all night now

Haha! Sorry!
    I hope you dream up my answer!

As i understand, it's a diode that let's a certain amount electricity pass through it, which is measured in resistance, (ohms) and it's this resistance that is read by the on board computer to determine a temperature.....

So i presume each degree c has it's own set resistance, so im guessing if i bridge a resistor across the two cables, i'll get a fixed read out?

Thanks

So a little work around for now.
    I cut the sensor off, and get error E1, and cross the wires together and get E2.

So it's got to be voltage regulated, or resistance regulated....
    I'll look into that tomorrow....

But for now, i have cut the sensor and extended it and taped it to the back of the fridge motor which gives of enough warmth to exceed the default temp of 25c.....Problem solved even if it is a bit bodgy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

M_C (01-02-17)