Thread: Temp move to greenhouse

Thanks

Default Temp move to greenhouse

Hi all. My ladies, all about 4 -6 weeks into flower are soon to be evicted (hopefully temporarily) and I am stuck for a new home.

I was wondering would they manage a week or so in a greenhouse in the UK? Lowest predicted temps are 1c for the period they will be homeless. I am sure it wont be the best for them but I just need them to survive. ANy extra steps I could do to keep them warmer bar using a heater?

Any advice on it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

The Aspie Toker Guest

Hi mate,

You could kill them at those low temps. Anything under 10 degrees should be avoided.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Mise (02-02-17), Trex (06-02-17)

Viz Guest

Ouch dude that sucks.

Stick them in a Greenhouse and see if you can get the inside of the Greenhouse insulated a bit better. There is some clear bubble wrap stuff that I see folks use in Greenhouses. They cover the roof and side walls with the stuff. Failing that a 20l bucket of boiling water each night right next to the girls may help. My bigger worry is bud rot. The humidity is going to be sky high in the Greenhouse mate. If you have daily access to the greenhouse you could make a kind of cover for each plant, again that bubble wrap stuff would work well. Pop the cover over the girls each evening and get it off in the morning so that they can get some light.

May be better to get hold of a loupe and see how far from harvest you may be. Don't think you will be ready yet TBH but...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Mise (02-02-17)

Thanks

Thanks fore the replies guys.

I intend to insulate the pots by putting soil around them which should keep the root temps up. I've plastic wrap I could wrap around them at night and will be able to access them during the day. Its a right royal pain in the ass. They unfortunately are no where near ready for harvesting, I'd have a pile of inert material.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

there is stuff you can cover them with to keep them warm overnight, think its fleece

8. The Following User Says Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

Mise (02-02-17)

Viz Guest

These keep frost off, not sure if they would help. Looks like rough time ahead for the girls sad to say.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Mise (02-02-17)

Thanks

Hoping this is a last resort.

This grow has been full of problems and its looking like its going to be the last one for some time

Thanks

Good news, the girls have had a stay of execution which will give me time to prep a new home.

Big muchas gracias for the help to all for their help.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mise For This Useful Post:

Trex (06-02-17)

Viz Guest

That is good news matey.