Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Week 4 Flower and some leaves at the top are brown

Thanks

Default Week 4 Flower and some leaves at the top are brown

Hi guys,

I've been reading on here for ages and my first grow with a 250w HPS has been going OK, i've noticed some weird leaves in the last few days and wondered if anyone could help?

I've been using canna soil with ph 6.1 - 6.5 feed from the canna range aiming to keep the first run off around 6.5ph which is has been

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20170202-WA0016.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	339522

Name:	IMG-20170202-WA0015.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	339523

Name:	IMG-20170202-WA0014.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	339524

The first picture makes it look worse than it is but you get the idea , i'll try and take more pics to show what I mean

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Name:	20170202_194504.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	339525

Name:	20170202_194443.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	339526

Name:	20170202_194448.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	339527

Without the direct light hopefully that gives you a better idea of what I mean and the overall condition of the plant, thanks again

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,016 Times

Probably better to take pics when lights out mate and use the flash on you're phone

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rizla_C For This Useful Post:

burnerror (03-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rizla_C View Post
    Probably better to take pics when lights out mate and use the flash on you're phone
    I'll try that thanks, only the 1 pic really shows it, I was just trying to give everyone an idea of the overall grow.

Name:	20170202_194443.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	339528

If this doesn't help i'll post a light off pic tomorrow

Thanks

I've asked a few friends and a few have said light burn, I did move the lights up last night and I'll take some pics with the light off later

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

looks like Ph issue, dont think its light burn. how close was the light???

you havin been ph'in the feed before you give them it??? ph'in feed for soil is not needed

can you take some pics with the lights off and just use camera with flash gives a clear picture ya see

8. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

burnerror (03-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    looks like Ph issue, dont think its light burn. how close was the light???

you havin been ph'in the feed before you give them it??? ph'in feed for soil is not needed

can you take some pics with the lights off and just use camera with flash gives a clear picture ya see
    Thanks for the reply, I've been using 6.5ph water overall and sometimes less if the run off gets a little high.

They do have a slight bit of nute burn but I thought I'd corrected that.

I'm using a 250w hps and it's about 10-11 inches away from the light with a fan blowing over the top.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to burnerror For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (03-02-17)

Thanks

Ok mate so you are not adjusting the PH of the feed before you water them.... just a little unclear here still buddy

have you donr the back of hand test? stick the back of your hand level with the top of the plants an keep ther for 10-15seconds if feels to hot on your hand then its to hot for them.

whats your feed made up of? what soil you using?? and what nutes??

also get those pics

12. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

burnerror (03-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    Ok mate so you are not adjusting the PH of the feed before you water them.... just a little unclear here still buddy

have you donr the back of hand test? stick the back of your hand level with the top of the plants an keep ther for 10-15seconds if feels to hot on your hand then its to hot for them.

whats your feed made up of? what soil you using?? and what nutes??

also get those pics
    Thanks again, I really appreciate the help.

I am adjusting the Ph as it's about 7.8 out of the tap and sometimes with nutes it drops to 5.

I've been doing the hand test and it feels ok to me but I did burn a leaf early on so I thought I'd learn my lesson.

I'm using the canna range, 1 water then 1 feed at half the lower advised rating.

The last week I've been using the canna flora, boost, very small amounts of pk13/14 and its grown in canna pro soil with fabric pots.

As soon as I'm back from work I'll take some pics, don't want to lose my first grow

14. The Following User Says Thank You to burnerror For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (03-02-17)

Thanks

i dont grow in soil but have followed plenty the grows. so soiler grow will advise better. think it bit early for the pk if you on the bloom. how long since you flipped to 12 12?

so you your using a bottle or PH up or PH down then??? this is important to know. you should not adjust the pH of the feed in soil, soil will naturally buffer the ph to whats it needs it to be.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

burnerror (03-02-17)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast