Thread: Fan and filter dimensions

Thanks

Default Fan and filter dimensions

Hi,
    I'm planning my grow box and was hoping someone could measure a fan and filter for me, so I know just how much space they will take up and how to place them.
    My space will only be small. Prob 20 cubic feet, max of 50cf.

I have seen several different ways to work out fan size, wildly different from each other. But with one or two plants only in a space that small, I only need the smallest fan and filter. However I want ones that will just work. So rhino filter and ruck/rvk fan, 4". However they are bigger than I imagined them to be. So if anyone has the lowest spec models/smallest models of either of those, could you let me know height, width an depth of those please?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bfg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

You could always put the fan and filter outside the grow box if it helps, blow the air through the filter tho.
    If thats not possible, you will need about 2 feet by 0ne foot for the fan/ filter.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

Bfg (03-02-17), joker_the_smoker (03-02-17)

Thanks

It will be outside, but I'm digging a hole for it all under my shed, and dont want to dig more than I have to! Cheers for the reply

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    You could always put the fan and filter outside the grow box if it helps, blow the air through the filter tho.
    If thats not possible, you will need about 2 feet by 0ne foot for the fan/ filter.
    i recently changed my setup to this removed the bastard filter lashed it in the attic needed the space

7. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Trex (03-02-17)

Thanks

Hi guys , i need advice if possible ? I got a 5" Ruk sileo Fan says on the box that its max airflow is 220 m3/h am i ok to strap a 5" mountain air to it? .I got a sj dr90 btw.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by OddRass View Post
    Hi guys , i need advice if possible ? I got a 5" Ruk sileo Fan says on the box that its max airflow is 220 m3/h am i ok to strap a 5" mountain air to it? .I got a sj dr90 btw.
    yea mate it be good

10. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

OddRass (14-02-17)

Thanks

Thumbs up

Thankyou my dude

12. The Following User Says Thank You to OddRass For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (14-02-17)

Thanks

So no one has 4" fan an filter they could measure for me?