Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: how to plant properly!?

Thanks

Default how to plant properly!?

hey all,

tried to plant four seeds after germinating them using the paper towel method, placed in soil (levington) about an inch or so deep, watered them lightly, left them for five days but no joy, seems like the seeds have rotted as there has been zero growth and the taproot hasnt grown at all. I did use my hands to tranfer them too so maybe that harmed them?

just want to clear a few things up before i try again...

how long should the taproot be before planting?

how deep should i plant them?

do they need water and light after planting before the seedlings have popped up?

should the taproot be down or up when planting? read several differing opinions on this, some say up, others down?

best way to create humidity once planted?

i kept the temp between 74-79 and humidity between 40-45

any help would be much appreciated as im doing this to help with my epilepsy (and for fun!)

much love

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leohowe3 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-02-17), ggotch (04-02-17), Glynne (04-02-17)

camkush Guest

Tap root down, and I moisten water before planting and don't water again till they pop and even then not for a few days, but I am no pro. Someone will be along shortly pal. Temps seem fine tho

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to camkush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-02-17), Glynne (04-02-17), leohowe3 (04-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camkush View Post
    Tap root down, and I moisten water before planting and don't water again till they pop and even then not for a few days, but I am no pro. Someone will be along shortly pal. Temps seem fine tho
    okay nice one bud, any advice at this point is helpful! save spending another 40 squid on murdering some poor seeds!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leohowe3 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-02-17), Glynne (04-02-17)

camkush Guest

Yeah, I don't water young plants hardly at all, they are a weed and need to get roots deep in search of water or it could cause root rot when they sit on top of soil because excess water they won't have to move

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to camkush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-02-17), Glynne (04-02-17), leohowe3 (04-02-17)

Bulls Guest

Hello matey. Sorry to hear that your seeds haven't popped out of soil yes.
    Here is a photo of how long I like the taproots of my seeds:

I prepare the soil in my pot and water it until I get little runoff. Usually for watering I use water that stayed over 24 hrs and it's room temperature. I mix 2ml of Rhizotonic per liter of water. Shake well and water.
    After that I use a coctail stick to make a little hole in the soil and use the tweezers to place the seed in the soil with the taproot down. Lightly cover it with soil and stick 0.5L Bottle of water cut in half on top of it to keep the humidity high. 24/7 of Light and they should be above ground in 24 hrs.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (04-02-17), GEORGE (04-02-17), Glynne (04-02-17), leohowe3 (04-02-17)

camkush Guest

And there is one I of the pros I spoke of ^^

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to camkush For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camkush View Post
    Yeah, I don't water young plants hardly at all, they are a weed and need to get roots deep in search of water or it could cause root rot when they sit on top of soil because excess water they won't have to move
    yeah im guessing i just drowned em then as i put a fair bit of water in after planting. live and learn!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leohowe3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls View Post
    Hello matey. Sorry to hear that your seeds haven't popped out of soil yes.
    Here is a photo of how long I like the taproots of my seeds:

I prepare the soil in my pot and water it until I get little runoff. Usually for watering I use water that stayed over 24 hrs and it's room temperature. I mix 2ml of Rhizotonic per liter of water. Shake well and water.
    After that I use a coctail stick to make a little hole in the soil and use the tweezers to place the seed in the soil with the taproot down. Lightly cover it with soil and stick 0.5L Bottle of water cut in half on top of it to keep the humidity high. 24/7 of Light and they should be above ground in 24 hrs.
    thanks man, had a feeling my first attempt would go badly but hey ho on to the next!

The taproots were only a couple of millimeters long so ill leave en longer next time. nice one for the picture, much easier when you can see it you know. so water the soil before planting yeah? and i take it dont compress the soil as im filling the pot? im using a 300w LED for lighting so there's not much heat in the tent, will the bottle on top for humidity still work?

thanks very much for your help man

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leohowe3 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-02-17)

Bulls Guest

Yes just firmly press the soil down when filling the pot to make sure there are no gaps. And yes water it before you plant the seed. Make sure you're using soil suitable for seedlings too! A good soil for seedlings is B&Q Verve for Sewing and Cuttings. Can last you good 2 weeks mate and only thing you will need to do is water it 2-3 times under that LED. And yes LED will be perfect ..just make sure you start at about 35 inches from the pot and keep it running 24/7.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (04-02-17), GEORGE (04-02-17), leohowe3 (04-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-seeds-in-soil

Everything Bulls says and that ^^^^^^^^^

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-02-17), leohowe3 (04-02-17)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast