Thread: It's Cyanobacteria! Questions about tea!

Thanks

Default It's Cyanobacteria! Questions about tea!

I have been fighting what I thought was pythium and/or algae for months. After trying everything and doing some more research I have figured out that it is in fact Cyanobacteria. My research suggests that the only course is to try microbe tea. I do not understand why Voodoo juice is not working, but tea might. I need a cheap way to make a new batch of quality tea every 48 hours, and tips about concerns with its use. I have my air pump and stone, and a container to make it in. What ingredients should I use? What ingredients should I NOT use? Do I have to monitor tds and ph in the brew? Will I kill my tea when I ph my res? Any common mistakes you can help me avoid? Thanks so much for your help so far.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fogponics For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,555 Times

You could try this instead. The whole point of brewing tea is to grow these but you can just add this to your water and it's done.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terajuana For This Useful Post:

Fogponics (05-02-17), GEORGE (06-02-17)

Thanks

i have already tried 2 bacterial inoculants. apparently cyanobacteria is much harder to kill than regular pythium. i am thinking of brewing a tea with zho mycorrhizae, voodoo juice bacterial inoculate, ancient forest which is earthworm castings which has 30,000 different bacteria in it, and molasses for food. i am not sure which of these ingredients is supposed to kill the cyanobacteria, but i wish i did, especially since i have heard that one single bacteria or fungi in these products winds up eating the rest.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fogponics For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-02-17)

Thanks

oh it seems zho has been discontinued, i will have to find a different mycorrhizae

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fogponics For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-02-17)

Thanks

Ok I finally found a Heisenberg recipe on youtube that I like. I'm taking out the voodoo juice because it is not killing the cyanobacteria. I will bubble 1 gallon of RO water with 1/8 teaspoon of great white, a small handful of Ancient Forest in a nylon, and 1 teaspoon of NPK RAW molasses for 48 hours every 48 hours and add it to the 22 gallon reservoir. Hope that's enough great white because that stuff is expensive.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fogponics For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-02-17)