Thread: Yellowing plants

Thanks

Default Yellowing plants

So, I'm a week into 12/12 and my plants have been steadily yellowing for the last 2 or 3 weeks.

I'm in soil and normally alternate between feed / water / feed / water etc.

Thinking this was a case of the plants needing more food I've just gone with feed for the last few waterings (albeit at a half dose).

They haven't picked up or returned green, should I go with more feed still? I've just switched to flower feed but I could add a small amount of veg feed (nitrogen) in there too?

This is my 4th grow of the same strain (Incredible Bulk) and I'm using the same nutrients (Hesi) as normal so I'm surprised to find they're needing more than usual.

Other than the yellowing they seem fine, no blotches / spots etc.

Will try and get a photo up shortly.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbagofstinky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-02-17)

Thanks

Looks like nitrogen deficiency and possibly cal-mag too? It doesn't actually look too bad in this photo, but it's worse IRL.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbagofstinky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-02-17)

Thanks

Will go with half strength veg (nitrogen) feed and half strength flower feed later I think, I'm conscious they've not had any plain water for a while but I don't want the yellowing to get worse.

Viz Guest

Hello mate, are you reusing your soil from a previous grow?

The Aspie Toker Guest

Nitrogen deficiency starts from the bottom of the plant, and works its way up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Hello mate, are you reusing your soil from a previous grow?
    No mate, fresh Dutch Pro Lightmix. Again, used this for the last 3 grows with no problem.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbagofstinky For This Useful Post:

Viz Guest

A spray with some Cal/mag will not do them any harm. I am not sure about the alternating water and feed routine but each to their own and if it works why change it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Trex (17-02-17)

Thanks

Will pick some cal-mag up then, can I go with any brand? Don't think Hesi make any.

Re upping feed, don't think they need more as I've noticed slightly burnt tips from the last half strength flower feed. Might just add some nitrogen in with it and see if that makes a difference.

Viz Guest

Yeah in soil I found that less was more for my girls. Any brand of cal/mag. I use the Old Timers Cal Mag, but Canna make one that is good.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Trex (14-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

From the pic ,that looks quite healthy to me .

Calcium defficiency starts with small rust spots on leaves .

Mag defficiency start with yellowing of lower leaves ,then sunken patches occur and leaf gets crispy and dies .

I see none of that here unless my eyes are playing tricks Hehe