Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Drying/curing. Jarred too early or dried too fast?

Viz Guest

The key factor to how quick your buds dry will be the Rh and temp in your drying space, oh and if you have a lot of air movement that will also be a factor.

The more dense the bud is the longer it will take for the inside bits to dry out. Lighter fluff will dry quicker yes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Cupid_Stunt (07-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    The key factor to how quick your buds dry will be the Rh and temp in your drying space, oh and if you have a lot of air movement that will also be a factor.

The more dense the bud is the longer it will take for the inside bits to dry out. Lighter fluff will dry quicker yes.
    I have just given the bigger buds a squeeze and i'd say they havent completely dried and feel like the inside could be slightly sticky but they aren't damp and there is certainly no moisture/wet feel to the touch. How often should I burp these and for what length of time? I'm hoping to resolve as much as I can with the cure. Even if takes two months! I don't have any real odour or hiding issues at this stage so I am in no rush. They still smell like wet-cut grass in the jar.

Viz Guest

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Curing-guide

This thread has the information you need.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Cupid_Stunt (07-02-17), Ginger-bud (07-02-17), M_C (07-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cupid_Stunt View Post
    When you say sweat them. Do you mean by using a sealed jar and occasionally burping them?
    Ya thats the idea but watch em carefully as not to get mould

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

If they smell like cut grass then they are too damp to be in a jar and can get mould if left too long. I'd dry them out longer or leave jars with lids off in a warm room fora day or so then try closing them again.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
    Cheers Dru!!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

Cupid_Stunt (08-02-17)

Thanks

I'm going for a trial and error approach. I have transferred the contents of the larger jar to a paper bag and the smaller jar I have left with the lid off. I'll come back to them in tomorrow and see how they're doing. Some of the stems are now snapping but not all, and all of the buds feel crispy and dry to touch/squeeze.

Viz Guest

I left my herb in the paper bags for a good couple of days to cure. Kept the smell and the taste just perfect. Hope your trial and error (which is what I did) works out as well mate. Don't be shy to put damp bud into the brown unwaxed paper packets/bags.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Cupid_Stunt (08-02-17)

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

Buds should always feel crispy and dry on the outside but will still be moist in the stem. Putting it in jars (curing) will allow that residual moisture to evenly distribute. Timing is key.

I'd say too wet is better than too dry but not too wet as that will cause mould and shaft your bud.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

Cupid_Stunt (08-02-17), M_C (08-02-17), tlh2496 (12-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2