Thread: Fogging cloner ?

Thanks

Default Fogging cloner ?

Is there any decent fogging cloner out there? Or alternatively, does anyone know anything about building a small scale fogger? What is a good source of the fogging disc? I couldn't find any references with a search and google is not very helpful today either. I saw a few foggers, but everyone seems to be growing in them, not cloning. And I want something SMALL.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to galtbob For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-17)

Thanks

Nobody? Bumping once.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to galtbob For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-17)

Thanks

One last bump.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to galtbob For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-17)

Thanks

I have a small turbo cloner that I'm going to modify with a floating garden fogger in place of the sprayer. I'll take pics of it tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Generic For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

I got an "Aero-pot" off eBay. It's about the size of a domestic kitchen deep fryer. Worked okay until the fogger died a few months after. I picked up a Chinese fogger on eBay after that for about 10-15 quid, powered it with the same transformer and it worked very well (for germinating chilli seeds).

One point to consider is that the fogger also heats up the water. The fog is a super fine aerosol of water, and is cool to touch, but the reservoir is warmed by the fogger. To reduce the amount of fog I hooked it up to a timer, but as the fogger switched off, the water cooled. I used the kit in winter in a cool kitchen and I think my success rate had something to do with temperature control.

Could not get it to work for cuttings though. the humidity was way too high and the cuttings rotted because the leaves were just saturated. Checking water level in the bucket required the use of a torch as well, once the water level gets too low the fogger shuts down and temperature drops, so the system has certain pros and cons as well as requirements.

Ebay UK item 112375117361 is the Chinese fogger that is pretty close to what I bought; item 322132470506 is the larger version of the cloning kit that I bought. Mine is the 5L version but is not listed at the moment.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

I've got the aero cloner but still prefer root cubes in a heated propagater

Up the irons

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,716 Times

An aerocloner should only have the lower half of the stem inside, the leaves & upper half of the plant should be outside but under a dome.

"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-17), ggotch (12-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

i use these,a bargain compared to a lot of the sellers out there who charge a fortune for the same thing.

this comes complete with a float n psu n a very very long lead, and after covering the leds with some marine silicon or glue etc,is ready for work.

im using one as a humidifier atm,works a treat, but will use soon in a dwc/mister.

eBay item number:

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-17)