Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Next grow shopping list, advice needed.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,615 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Lets start at the beginning and work from there.

What are you planing on growing - soil grow or a coco grow?

What kit do you currently have?

*saw a whole flurry or replies since I opened this thread to respond.

Soil OK. Only need some perlite if you want. I grew without any and was happy enough with the drainage in my airpots.
    Old Timers Grow and Bloom, Epson Salts, Rhizo, Calmag and some molasses - don't need anything else.
    Pots? I swear by air pots.
    Tent size is perfect for two plants. Decide on your light ASAP and then focus on reading diaries with those lights in soil.

Good luck
    Ive got some big fabric pots, 5gal and 3gal (didn't know about the kinky looking airports until I joined here)
    Lighting I'm thinking the duel spec cfl for early growth leading on to a deul spec sun master supported by small cfls if needed.

Viz Guest

I am correct in saying the 600W Sunmaster yes? Then that should be just fine. I only use one lamp for both veg and flower personally.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Esh (08-02-17)

Thanks

I am correct in saying the 600W Sunmaster yes? Then that should be just fine. I only use one lamp for both veg and flower personally.
    I was looking at that one. Yes.
    I like the idea of cfl while the plants are still new and weak as it seems like a "gentler" approach for them, that and because it's what I currently have and I hate getting things and not using them

Viz Guest

There is no one single way to grow a plant. Your way works for you so you carry on with it. I have used T55 110w for seedlings and cuttings for a few weeks before putting them under my CDM lights. Best £50 I spent.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Esh (08-02-17)

Thanks

There is no one single way to grow a plant. Your way works for you so you carry on with it. I have used T55 110w for seedlings and cuttings for a few weeks before putting them under my CDM lights. Best £50 I spent.
    That's the thing Viz, I haven't found my way yet. I started off with some bagseed on my windowsill (which I never really expect to grow) and have been adding as I've gone along as and when the plant needed. I'm not even counting this as my first grow! My first proper grow will be the one I'm starting to prep for in this thread, I've done nothing but read and collect info since joining this forum I want to make sure I can give my future girls the best opportunity within my budget to flourish.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Esh For This Useful Post:

WADDIS (08-02-17)

Viz Guest

I hear you matey.

Key points to always keep in mind. Odour control - that is the most critical part of any grow. No point in growing fantastic bud if the Bill knocks on your door and takes it all away, plus your kit because someone could smell the herb growing.

So you mention you have a carbon filter, could you expand and tell me what kind and what extraction fan you are using with that filter.

If you have not bought your grow equipment yet that is good because it means you can get lots of good input from the guys here on THCtalk *and gals, and then make up your mind. Buy once and don't ever look back.

Work out what budget you have. And focus on the most important bits first. That is odour control. Then look at lights, and the grow space. One of the best investments I made was buying Super Root Air-pots. Made a difference to my grow I am sure. Great for roots and ensures that there is no chance of drainage issues. Bit pricey but worth it. Auto's - 10 litre pots are what I used for my first soil grow. Using Coco now and still use 10l for Auto's and 20 litre for photo-period plants.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Esh (08-02-17)

Thanks

The fan and carbon filter are branded Kenley. Was from ebay, I don't expect they're are anywhere near the best, just what I could afford at the time.
    I only have neighbours on one side (who are a cool couple and know I'm a smoker, so hopefully they'll just think I've got some good sh!t in if they smell it) also I'm offset from the road by a good amount so I don't get any real foot traffic come past my house.
    Im hoping as I complete grows and save money from having to by my smoke i'll be able to invest some of that and upgrade my setup

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Esh For This Useful Post:

Viz Guest

Two plants in your space with that filter you should be ok. Make that your priority when you put dosh aside for upgrade or new kit. A proper filter and inline fan will set you back closer to £140 for a Rhino Pro filter which is reputed to be the best and a RVK 5" L1 inline fan with ducting.

Enjoy the process pal, nothing beats growing and then smoking your own. Nothing.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Esh (08-02-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2