Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone used Root Nurse fabric pots?

Thanks

Default Anyone used Root Nurse fabric pots?

Evening all

just wanted to ask if anyone has any experience with the root nurse fabric pots??

just seen them online for a good price in ice white or black and wanted to know if there any good?

its my first grow and im unsure wether or not to use fabric pots on saucers or just stick to the same size pots but in black plastic?

any main advantages with these fabric pots?? and what size would be best for 5 thc bomb plants in 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m tent?

Thanks Dave

Viz Guest

May I offer an alternative.

Super Root Air-pots. Right now I will not use a normal pot ever again.

They come in heaps of different sizes and unlike fabric pots there is no need to lift them from the surface to ensure even and good drainage.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

ggotch (08-02-17), joker_the_smoker (08-02-17), M_C (09-02-17)

Thanks

wow they look strange lol
    what size are they?

Viz Guest

They range from 1 litre to 75 litre. For Auto plants in soil or in coco I use 10 litre, which is what you can see in the image. A photo-period plant I would use 22.5 litre or 20 litre depending on brand of air pot. I also have one 15 litre pot that I have a young tree growing in... I grow ornamental trees for a hobby too.

They are easy to pot up when doing photo period plants as you unscrew the two blue things and roll the edges away. The roots fill the side surface and unlike other pots are air pruned without the curling round that you see in round or square pots. Google air-pot and watch some of the video's. To put it in perspective, Kew Gardens now use these exclusively.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

dave1raver (08-02-17), ggotch (08-02-17), M_C (09-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dave1raver View Post

any main advantages with these fabric pots?? and what size would be best for 5 thc bomb plants in 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m tent?

Thanks Dave
    The advantages are the pots will air prune the roots as the tip reaches the outside of the pot, causing the root to branch inside which in turn will give a bigger root mass. So instead of circling the outside edge and wasting the centre of the grow medium you will occupy the entire space with roots.... As the saying goes more roots more fruits.

Id go for the 15Ls mate

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

dave1raver (08-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    To put it in perspective, Kew Gardens now use these exclusively.
    Glasgow Botanical Gdns is moving to them as well, and i'm away to a careers/seminar event at Edinburgh Botanical next week where they're apparently a major speaker, toffee nosed bastards :P
    Last edited by Strider; 08-02-17 at 10:24 PM.
    Strider's Sup Lemon Haze & L.A. Confidential DWC Good...hopefully...2018

SLH & Incredible Bulk DWC Actually good, honest. 2017

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

M_C (09-02-17)

Thanks

just watched the video with Kew gardens featured, look nice and simple just a bit sceptical about watering, don't they piss out all over the place??

in a tent should they still be stood on a tray/saucer?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dave1raver For This Useful Post:

Viz Guest

LOL everyone says that first time the see them.

When you pack the coco, or the soil in you make sure you get the soil right into the dimples on the sides. I have no had water pissing out the sides. The top inch or two of the pots do not have holes through. So make sure you have your pot assembled the right way up.

You can put the pots in a tray or a saucer, there is about two inches of drainage room at the bottom of the air pots so no standing in water with these.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

dave1raver (08-02-17)

Viz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    Glasgow Botanical Gdns is moving to them as well, and i'm away to a careers/seminar event at Edinburgh Botanical next week where they're apparently a major speaker, toffee nosed bastards :P
    Strider you will enjoy the presentation, I went to one with the Royal Agricultural Society nursery near where I live it was mind blowing.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

...slightly nowhere near as bad as you'd think though, just sit them in a tray like any other plantpot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast