Thread: Is it advisable to germinate a seed in carbonated mineral water?

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Default Is it advisable to germinate a seed in carbonated mineral water?

Hi everyone, I'm new.
    Read recently that carbonated mineral water makes the seeds germinate faster.
    The carbonated mineral water is normal water that simply has air bubbles or does it have some other component?
    Does the fact that the seeds supposedly germinate faster in its onset produce some other benefit in the flowering stage?

One of the reasons that made me enter this forum and ask you this is following a video of youtube q is called: Germination of marijuana seed in carbonated mineral water.

Thank you all!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shunga For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-02-17), redisiel (19-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

I can't think of any reason why a seed would germinate any faster using carbonated water...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

carpetburn (19-02-17), GEORGE (09-02-17), joker_the_smoker (09-02-17), redisiel (19-02-17)

Viz Guest

Personally can not imagine why I would want to complicate what is a very simple process.

Take seed, pop in small pot with nice damp medium in a warm place. Seed germinates. 100% track record that way. No paper towels, classes of water. Just straight into a small container or pellet done deal.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-02-17), joker_the_smoker (09-02-17), kyg (19-02-17), redisiel (19-02-17), Trex (09-02-17), WADDIS (09-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-02-17), redisiel (19-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

They will germinate faster in a light solution of compost tea and seaweed in paper towels on a heat mat with propagation dome or container @80%rh , 27-28C . My record time is 14hrs 😉

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

redisiel (19-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    They will germinate faster in a light solution of compost tea and seaweed in paper towels on a heat mat with propagation dome or container @80%rh , 27-28C . My record time is 14hrs ��
    Agree with the kelp, all the pgr's pgh's to name a few needed to create life but like above tap water for that shit lol
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Trex (19-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,576 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Personally can not imagine why I would want to complicate what is a very simple process.

Take seed, pop in small pot with nice damp medium in a warm place. Seed germinates. 100% track record that way. No paper towels, classes of water. Just straight into a small container or pellet done deal.
    this is how i do it as well. i have tried the paper towel method and personally found it a extra step that i dont need to do.

When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

2018 Outdoor extravaganza https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...r-extravaganza

2017 outdoor guerilla grow https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tdoor-escapade

2016 guerilla grow finished https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...adventure-2016