Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nutrient defiency or nute burn??...4th week of flower...problems from the start..

Thanks

Default Nutrient defiency or nute burn??...4th week of flower...problems from the start..

Hello everyone.

I have 3 critical kush, 2 blue chease. I have had 2 grows so far so this being the 3rd. All plants are in 16 litre rizo breathable pots.

Soil Tropic mix.

Ive got RVK100 intake fan and a RVK125 extractor fan.

I had them under T5 light for 2 weeks feeding them only water, then under a 600 watt on 30/11/2016.

Week 1 Bloom roots 0.5ml per litre for the 1st week (1litre per plant)
    week 2 Bloom roots 0.5ml per litre/ biobizz biogrow 0.5ml per litre (2 litres per plant)
    week 3 ONLY..Biogrow1.5ml per litre (1litre per plant) Fed on 18/12/16

I assumed that as the plants were doing so well with some real chunky thick stems, I didnt want to overdo to much bloomroots. I wanted to try and do things with as little nutrients as possible. From the last feed on the 18/12/16 I started to notice problems which didnt go away. The leaves started yellowing alot more than I assumed when I first noticed a few weeks earlier thats why I started feeding them the biogrow. Leaves had the mosiac patterns the leaves became brittle, leaves were yellowing and many had brown spots on. However with all the isssues the leaves were not falling of the plants.

I assumed at the time due to the yellowing I had that it was due to too much biogrow I gave it as I went from 0.5ml per litre to 1.5ml per litre, could that be the reason why I noticed such problems? I know I had yellowing and a few spots but then within days the problems mutilplied.

This is then when I either made a brilliant diagnosis or a total fuck up. I decided to semi/flush the plants I only gave them 6 litres threw and got rid of all the run off. I know its 3 times the size you flush but its in my attic so not easy to flush properly.

SO....

Week 4 (End of week) 6 litres water per plant no nutrients
    Week 5 6 litres water per plant no nutrients

week 6 bloomroots 0.9ml per litre/ biogrow 0.5ml (1 litre per plant).......
    week 6...2nd feed bloomroots 0.8ml per litre/biogrow 0.9ml per litre (2 litres per plant)

Week 7 bloomroots 0.8ml per litre/ biogrow 1ml per litre (2 litres per plant)......
    Week 7..2nd feed of week 7 bloomroots 0.8ml/biogrow 1.0ml

Week 8 ONLY biogrow 1.4ml per litre

The intial reason why I was vegging so long was because I wanted to get the 8 colas so topped etc a number of times so off course that would add a week or so easily to get back on its feet hahaha....then with all the problems i got myself into made me keep wanting to extend the vegging time as i didnt want to go into flower with the issues I was having. I have to mention at this time i also had noticed purple stems/petiotoles it may have been like this for a week or so before this point but got worse pretty quickly.

The issues although bad still were improving a little bit. I only have a limited time before i run out of time to do a second grow cos my roof gets way to hot in the summer, I learnt about bud root then, until you have it you wont know that horrible feeling seeing it and ripping chunks of buds off.

I decided i would put it into flower and hope the change in nutrient requiremnts would help the problem go away.

Day 1 Flower 23rd January...........

On the same day I went upto my grow shop and explained the issues i had which I have mentioned as the problems were stressing my head out. They advised me that I needed to use calmag and nitrozyme and foilar spray them too.

Week 1 Biogrow 1ml/ bioboom 1.5ml per litre/ Nitrozyme 0.8ml per litre/ Calmag 0.8ml (5 litres per plant)
    Week 1..2nd feed of week Biogrow 1ml/ bioboom 1.5ml per litre/ Nitrozyme 0.8ml/ Calmag 0.8ml (5 litres per plant)

Throughout this hold period from the start i only took badly damaged leafs off, the guy in the growshop said to spray them and get them well again.

My foilar mix was calmag 5ml/ nitrozyme 2.5ml per litre, I sprayed them on 29/01/17 (half recomended dosage)

Things started improving all started greening up nicely and new growth was green.

Week 2 Biogrow 0.9ml/ biobloom 1.6ml per litre / calmag 0.9ml per litre ( I did not want to overdo nitrogen)
    Week 3 ONLY water as I noticed yellow tips on new growth over majority of plants made me think nute burn so only gave it water that was on the 8th Febuary

Now I am upto date. Today 14/02/17 is start of week 4........

Still new baby growth yellow tips
    Purple stems,petitoles,viens in leafs are purple.
    leafs lighter in colour at top, however i think thats improving on some of them
    older leaves yellow/ fan leaves yellow

All of the above are all on of my plants. One of the critcal kush has some brown spots,very yellow leafs but newer at the top is more healthy, it has also streched a great deal. The stems etc are purple too however in last few days the new vertical growth at the tops of the cola stems are green so that is good news but the rest is very purple haha...

Another critical kush has light green leafs mainly at the top and with the new growth all down cola stems having a good healthy green colour but yellow tips,again on all stems,petioles,leaf viens are purple.

The 3rd critical kush is a lovely colour compared to how it was a 2-3 weeks ago but still a slighty light green..HOWEVER only some of the new growth has yellowing tips but other leaves leaf tips curling up and burnt looking/dead leaf tips.

The 2 blue cheese are good in colour but one has lower yellow tips and both have purple stems etc, older leafs yellowing/ fan leafs.

In regards to budding they are coming along fine considering all that has been happening.

I brought a PH pen the other day, I did a reading of the tapwater i use and it read 7.6PH, I know ideal it should be 5.5-6.5. The last few days I have researched a great deal about PH in soil, nutrient absorbotion when PH is not correct...mobile immobile nutrients etc but I have also read that i shouldnt try and adjust ph in soil as it can cause more problems.

The problem is that all these defiencies look so similiar it drives me crazy, the hours I have spent researching this is crazy, this message has taken me hours but nothing in comparision into all the searching i have done and the joints i have had to roll.

So I think it has to be one of the following magnesuim/potassium/nitrogen or phosphorous defiency due to the purple stems etc. I just do not know what to do as I do not want to screw things up even more than it already is. As I have yellow tips on new growth but also older growth I thought and still think it could be nutrient burn....

Advice will be greatly appreciated on what the problems are and how to fix this shit situation.

thanks tokers haha

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Davekay For This Useful Post:

Bulls Guest

Hello mate and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear you're having problems with your girls but I am sure we will be able to find a solution.

Thanks for describing the problem in such a detail but would you please be able to take a few photos of the plants with the HPS off using your flash only? Take some close up photos too as well as photos of the whole plants..

I also see you're growing in your attic. What are your growing room temperature and humidity?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Davekay (14-02-17)

Thanks

Thanks for having a read of it.

I only signed up yesterday/this morning so very new on here. i will take some pictures today and put them up. I read something about you have to reach a certain amount messages back or by a certain amount of looks at my essay as it were haha and then this site allows pictures to be uploaded??

I will be feeding in the next 2-3days max so alot is riding on this next feed, day 22 of flower. As long as I work out what I am doing wrong as I need to get one more done and that needs to start as soon as these ones are harvested or just dead.

1st time I grew I did not give them any biobloom once in flower, i also overwatered massivley to the point saturation drowning every day. I got a few months smoke out of it.

2nd Grow I moved box up into attic. It was a month into harvest, I had 6 Northern lights the buds got long and chunky, i topped them once. The summer got warmer and I had to go off to work for 2 weeks, my mate was looking after them. The temps were getting into mid 30's and high humidity. I got home and couldnt get the temp down nor the humidty, I even left the box open still no good. Budrot came in, i managed to get a dehumidfier. I took chunks of buds of espically on the long fat coloas, then the humidfier broke on me. Over the next weeks till harvest I spent examining each plant everday for it. I lost alot but still had enough smoke for a few months of hardcore hitting it.

From this 2nd grow I jumped to having an intake fan and buying a larger fan for the out-take/carbon filter, i wanted to use as little nutrients as possible, the nuitrients were all good with them. I was growing only Northern lights and had no issues with nutrient defiency or toxicity. I really enjoyed growing that as easy.

This grow has 3 critical kush, Im doing c/kush cos of its high thc content. I want to make R/simpson oil so indica with high thc is required. I want to make medicine, I know you get about 3g per oz. so wanted a practise cos I am a firm believer that it can cure cancer espically when eating organic etc. I know i want to next put 8-9 plants c/kush, i like the idea of having a good months or so supply of oil, I know a few family menbers who very well may need some advice.

will get some picures sorted this afternoon and hopefully I can post them.

Thanks for the read.

Bulls Guest

You need 10 posts to be able to upload photos to the gallery mate.
    Here is a link to show you how to upload photos - > https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...loading-Photos
    It's great you are helping your family as well.. More we know about your grow more will be able to help you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Davekay (14-02-17)

Thanks

Thanks man.

so far this is my 3rd post? or do I have to write a new post/thread to get the 10 I need to post pictures?

Thanks

so this message now is the 4th

Thanks

This is my 5th post

Thanks

will my cunning plan work? Number 6...4 left

Thanks

Number 7 its coming closer hahahahahaha

Thanks

Number 8, 2 to go hahahaha

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast