Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Extraction and smell issues

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,684 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I'll leave that for someone else to answer, (I have the luxury of venting into my loft space) but I believe what you are saying is correct?
    one of the lucky ones i see lol, yeah someone else mentioned that issue thanks for the help man i appreciate it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GanjasaurusREX For This Useful Post:

M_C (15-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    have you not got a window, or a wall vent to the outside?
    You dont want to extract into the same room or your windows will be drippping with condensation, which will be a deffo giveaway
    Or could you tee into the shower vent or cooker hood maybe?
    i have a large window yes however if i have the window open to exhaust or either bring in fresh air i recon the ambient temp of the room will be pretty low as where i stay its not the warmest of cities lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tlh2496 View Post
    if you have a cupboard in hallway outside spare room, have a look and see if you can bang a hole through to the cupboard and extract through to the hall. if plasterboard easy enough patched up if you move on
    i actually have 3 cupboards in the hall, might just cut into the roof from there and see whats above, there must be loft space its just i dont own or have access to it as my block of flats is council owned. however i own my property if you understand me?

Thanks

the bonus of extracting into hall is if you carbon filter starts packing up a smell gets through you can do something about replacing it quick. mate of mine was extracting through his chimney, could smell it outside in next street. if loft space is council, be wary if workmen are up in it doing roof maintenance or whatever. they see ducting then it's over.

Thanks

lmao extracting through a chimeny is clever lol

i know actually i suppose, ive been here 2 years and never known anyone go into loft space but i dont see what goes on during the day..

going to try have a look and see if anyone grows in a flat and what they tend to do, hopefully get something sorted

Thanks

I have grown a few successful harvests, a few years back now in a tent & I know not ideal but I was extracting back into the same room (no intake fan either) & personally never had any issues. If it's the only option it certainly is possible, you could always keep the window open a bit & have the extract or intake pointing towards as close as possible without causing any suspicion.

So long as you buy a branded Rhino carbon & the right power extract you will have no issues with the smell whilst growing. When it comes to chopping them down is when you will face your biggest issues in regards to smell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2