Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Growing In Flats or Appartments

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,684 Times

Default Growing In Flats or Appartments

just basically as the title suggest, im looking to grow in my spare room but extraction seems to be a problem for me as i have no loft space in my flat. ive thought of the idea just extracting straight out the window but i think people would be asking questions to why im tumble drying my clothes 24/7 haha!

anyone grow in a flat that could show their setup or explain how they manage it without a loft space?

cheers,
    REX

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GanjasaurusREX For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-02-17)

camkush Guest

Buddy, do you have friends? Do they visit? I have neither and got tired of leaving window open all day and night where I was extracting to... I just laid the ducting by the door heading out into the hallway.. Temps even dropped.. Maybe that's a lazybshitty what to do it, but it's working for me currently. I just leave my spare room door cracked

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to camkush For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (16-02-17), GEORGE (15-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

I just vent into my hall/rest of my flat, i'm too stingy to pay for heating :P

EDIT (My hall has ona block things in it though, and a spare wee carbonfilter/fan unit)
    Strider's Sup Lemon Haze & L.A. Confidential DWC Good...hopefully...2018

SLH & Incredible Bulk DWC Actually good, honest. 2017

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-02-17)

Thanks

My biggest concern has always been noise. Putting the fan inside an insulated box is easy enough but the noise of the air coming out of the ducting always gets me paranoid, always think the neighbours can hear it but if I make conversation and say "hey sorry about the dog barking a 6am" they always say they can't hear anything....

You could make an mdf box to fit around your window frame, connect the ducting to that with the window open a crack and obviously curtains or blinds shut so you can't see the box. You can line the box with some sort of insulation too if your worried about nosey neighbours near by

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hanny098 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camkush View Post
    Buddy, do you have friends? Do they visit? I have neither and got tired of leaving window open all day and night where I was extracting to... I just laid the ducting by the door heading out into the hallway.. Temps even dropped.. Maybe that's a lazybshitty what to do it, but it's working for me currently. I just leave my spare room door cracked
    yeah i have mates who visit but we all smoke so i doubt they would mention it when they will be getting a taste of the spoils lol, im thinking i may have to do the same sort of idea to be honest

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GanjasaurusREX For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    I just vent into my hall/rest of my flat, i'm too stingy to pay for heating :P

EDIT (My hall has ona block things in it though, and a spare wee carbonfilter/fan unit)
    haha i might just run the ducting all the way down to the living room and it would heat the living room, seems a win win situation lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GanjasaurusREX For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hanny098 View Post
    My biggest concern has always been noise. Putting the fan inside an insulated box is easy enough but the noise of the air coming out of the ducting always gets me paranoid, always think the neighbours can hear it but if I make conversation and say "hey sorry about the dog barking a 6am" they always say they can't hear anything....

You could make an mdf box to fit around your window frame, connect the ducting to that with the window open a crack and obviously curtains or blinds shut so you can't see the box. You can line the box with some sort of insulation too if your worried about nosey neighbours near by
    noise isnt really a concern tbh,neighbours downstairs can be noisy at times plus i dont really know if people would hear a fan from outside the walls, but like you i guess i would be worried also

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GanjasaurusREX For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-02-17), Glynne (13-03-17)

camkush Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GanjasaurusREX View Post
    yeah i have mates who visit but we all smoke so i doubt they would mention it when they will be getting a taste of the spoils lol, im thinking i may have to do the same sort of idea to be honest
    I gotcha, but if you plan on telling anyone you better hope they truly are trustful. These people on here are the only ones that know what I am doing, and that's probably the best way tbh.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to camkush For This Useful Post:

British green (15-02-17), GEORGE (15-02-17), Glynne (13-03-17), Greengrass (19-02-17), Siamkater (19-02-17), tlh2496 (20-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Three golden rules to growing no1 no selling no2 no telling no3 no smelling . If you stick to these rules you will grow some of the best bud you have had since ever . If you break these rules one day the worst could happen and you end up with a charge sheet or the bandits call rob your bud and anything else . Stay safe stay green . Stick to the rules and be safe .

sent from mission control

18. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Cheese. (02-03-17), EyeEyePickle (16-02-17), GanjasaurusREX (19-07-17), Glynne (13-03-17), Greengrass (19-02-17), M_C (15-02-17), skunkybudmans (26-02-17), the brit (26-03-17), TheHottDawg (16-02-17), tlh2496 (20-02-17), TomKing (29-03-17), Trex (18-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,782 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GanjasaurusREX View Post
    I hate to have to be the one that says this, but when it comes to growing... don't trust your friends!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (15-02-17), EyeEyePickle (16-02-17), GanjasaurusREX (19-07-17), Glynne (13-03-17), Greengrass (19-02-17), mrnice586 (19-02-17), TheHottDawg (16-02-17), tlh2496 (20-02-17), Trex (18-02-17)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast