Thread: Smoking Again After 3 Years Abstinence

Thanks

Question Smoking Again After 3 Years Abstinence

Hi everyone, first of all I want to apologise for this being my 1st post, it is just that this looks like a fantastic site and I would love to hear other people's stories/comments/views/ideas etc etc.

I started smoking at age 18, to be honest I became HOOKED to that first ever HIGH, it was insane, out of this world, so I formed a habit of smoking £20 (around 2 grams max) every single day for around 3 years, it was consistent DANK, the real Amsterdam Amnesia Haze & Lemon Haze & Silver Haze & Supe Silver Haze/Super Lemon Haze.

To be completely honest I was getting extremely tired of waiting for my dealer all the time and that is honestly why I decided to quit.

Fast forward 3+ years, I am 25 now and have recently decided to start smoking again, the first night (around 3 weeks ago now) I kind of didn't like how "out of it" I was, it was an extremely heavy stone where I could not even type, I just had to sleep. Smoked again the following evening, it felt a little bit triply and music sounded so nice, I have acquired taste in some new songs.

Now here is where I would be really great to listen to your comments etc etc, after a 3 year abstinence, I still have never, ever got that crazy, really trippy proper HIGH again, the closest I can describe how high I used to get would be feeling like I was in a dreamworld, like a video game/movie, when my friends were speaking they sounded very, very echoey, it was insane and very fun, what I would describe a real HIGH. To be really honest, I have only been high like that about 5 times (when I first ever started at age 18, then the rest of the time was more of a habit, it just us d to slow me down more than anything.

So yeah, back to the present, I have never experienced another really heavy high to this day, the first day I smoked again, 3 weeks ago it did get me very STONED, but those echoey, trippy HIGHS have never came back, I have read and also heard from people that you actually will never get the first ever high back again, something to do with the THC receptors in the brain, but I would of thought it is possible to get those crazy highs back because the buds I have been smoking are honestly serious, serious dank, bright lime green, you can see trichomes plastered everywhere.

More details on the bud I am smoking is it is apparently "Grapefruit Diesel" which is supposed to be 70% indices and 30% sativa, and I know Indicas are not supposed to get you high but I would of thought I would still be in for a trippy feeling as these buds are so well grown, so dank, no leaf, all fat and compressed buds which grind up very well. Also may be worth noting that some of the buds have brown hairs (I've heard this isn't a good sign) but other than that the bud is so well grown, it has like a more of a musky smell, but at the same time you can smell sweetness too, it doesn't seem right that my tolerance could have gotten really high now, after just 3 weeks, again only on the 1st night it hit me with a heavy stone, but the really trippy, echoey real highs have not come back for me.

Maybe it is just the bud but I know I have said it again and again, it is dank and I will try to get some pictures uploaded although even my iPhone 6 fails to capture the decent bright colours, on my iPhone it looks dark green and you can't see trichomes etc, it is blurred, but to my eye, they are some of, if not, the best buds I have ever seen.

Sorry for this huge post, it's just I thought I would share and I know you guys will know the problem and I will be so greatful and appreciative to read and listen to your replies.

I just want to get trippy guys haha

Thank You !

The Aspie Toker Guest

Welcome to the Talk.

You'll need 10 posts before you can upload photos. Also, they need to be less than 2mb in size. Finally, make sure the EXIF metadata isn't showing any GPS info.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

HazeyMan (18-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

HazeyMan (18-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Type M View Post
    Get your hands on some bubble hash or good quality kief & stitch yourself...that'll do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Type M View Post
    Get your hands on some bubble hash or good quality kief & stitch yourself...that'll do it
    Hey thank you for replying, I wish I could get some bubble hash haha, unfortunately I don't know any dealers except one! I wish I could find someone who will sell me an ounce, the dealer I have at the moment only sells crappy £20 bags, he says they weigh 2 grams, but the buds are so compressed that I honestly think the bags look like bad deals, although they are always all bud and no leaf, but you see £20 for 2 grams, and I can smoke that all in like 4 joints! I have never understood how people can complain to me that I smoke too much and they tell me to roll these stupid tiny joints which I will get 1 puff out of, please... A nice sized joint gets me buzzed but not high Mann, I'm still so confused about all this as it is dank, maybe it is because it is indica? I've heard that indicas are more higher in CBD than THC and the CBD can sort of act like a blocking barrier to the THC??? But that still confuses me as the buds are so insanely covered in Trichomes, not just the THC crystals you see inside when you break a bud up, but also real flakey trichomes, the real proper ones that look like ice flakes in my opinion??

So still, even tho indicas are supposed to contain less THC, I have no idea or explanation to the buds I have, they are just plastered, do you think the CBD could just be blocking all of that THC? I'm really sorry if I sound stupid but I'm sure it is plastered in trichomes, are the shiny bigger crystals inside the buds THC or is THC just the white, flakey ice looking TRICHOMES on the outside of the buds? The buds also produce a lot of Kief, I bet I am wrong in the difference between the crystals and the trichomes haha.

Sorry to go on, it's just when I'm into researching about things in life I try to find out as much detail etc and I promise I would love to return the favour and I am extremely greatful for anyone's reply, opinions, stories, comments etc etc etc.
    Last edited by HazeyMan; 17-02-17 at 05:49 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

It will be the fact its an Indica strain more than anything else.You need a sativa to give you the high youre after.

Looking at the trichs makes little difference to knowing the actual thc/cbd content in a bud,although the colour of the trichs are a guide.

The earlier the plant is harvested will make a difference in the high.eg clear/cloudy would be uplifting,energetic etc. Cloudy/amber heavy,couchlock.

I have Blueberry and Super lemon haze in my jars at the mo so I have the best of both worlds

Gotta get some green fingers dear to get what we want

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

HazeyMan (18-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,692 Times

Hello & Welcome to THCtalk.com Discussion forum m8, hope you enjoy yourself and find plenty of useful information on here……..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDogsNutts For This Useful Post:

HazeyMan (18-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    It will be the fact its an Indica strain more than anything else.You need a sativa to give you the high youre after.

Looking at the trichs makes little difference to knowing the actual thc/cbd content in a bud,although the colour of the trichs are a guide.

The earlier the plant is harvested will make a difference in the high.eg clear/cloudy would be uplifting,energetic etc. Cloudy/amber heavy,couchlock.

I have Blueberry and Super lemon haze in my jars at the mo so I have the best of both worlds

Gotta get some green fingers dear to get what we want
    I will try my best to get hold of a Sativa, unfortunately I don't know anyone except 1 half reliable person and he has had the same bud for like a month now lol, but thank you big time for your advice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDogsNutts View Post
    Hello & Welcome to THCtalk.com Discussion forum m8, hope you enjoy yourself and find plenty of useful information on here……..
    Thanks so much m8, I'm sure I will although I can be annoying with all my questions lol, but thank you. I have 1 question left, I have noticed some buds seem to be covered in shiny crystals and other buds will just have loads of white, powdery trichomes instead of those really shiny crystals, are they both in fact Trichomes? Is it just where the light shines off certain normal, white powdery ones resulting them to appear really shiny? Or are these 2 different things altogether? I've also noticed that the shiny crystals often are more stickier buds and the buds covered in white, powdery trichomes are usually bone dry, I have 2 pictures here from Google, 1 showing big shiny crystals, and the other showing powdery crystals? Sorry guys, you have got to laugh at me haha. Thank you tho honestly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	340564   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	340565  

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,576 Times

Quote Originally Posted by HazeyMan View Post
    Thanks so much m8, I'm sure I will although I can be annoying with all my questions lol, but thank you. I have 1 question left, I have noticed some buds seem to be covered in shiny crystals and other buds will just have loads of white, powdery trichomes instead of those really shiny crystals, are they both in fact Trichomes? Is it just where the light shines off certain normal, white powdery ones resulting them to appear really shiny? Or are these 2 different things altogether? I've also noticed that the shiny crystals often are more stickier buds and the buds covered in white, powdery trichomes are usually bone dry, I have 2 pictures here from Google, 1 showing big shiny crystals, and the other showing powdery crystals? Sorry guys, you have got to laugh at me haha. Thank you tho honestly
    genetics come into play when u talk about the trichomes,some strains just put out more trichomes then others do. id say both those buds are top notch to smoke imo there is nothing wrong with asking the questions that u ask. thats how u learn is to ask others these questions. when i first found this site i prolly asked 1000s of questions and the peeps here helped me along. welcome to thc talk btw
    Last edited by kyg; 18-02-17 at 03:50 PM.

When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

2018 Outdoor extravaganza https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...r-extravaganza

2017 outdoor guerilla grow https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tdoor-escapade

2016 guerilla grow finished https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...adventure-2016

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kygiacomo View Post
    genetics come into play when u talk about the trichomes,some strains just put out more trichomes then others do. id say both those buds are top notch to smoke imo there is nothing wrong with asking the questions that u ask. thats how u learn is to ask others these questions. when i first found this site i prolly asked 1000s of questions and the peeps here helped me along. welcome to thc talk btw
    Sorry to ask again, I think I have worked something out now, I think haha.

Ok, so those 2 buds, one looks like it is plastered in glass because of how shiny the trichs are? Are these glass looking things the same as the dry, powdery looking trichomes which cover the outside of the buds and when I rip a bud open, light is reflecting of the trichomes to make them shine so much like that? Are the glass looking things trichomes to put it short? Also as you and others have explained to me, these trichomes may all contain CBD and no THC? That would make sense if I have finally worked it out, as I have had buds in the past which are INSANELY shiny, but again, that bud disappointed me in regards to the strength of the high. Finally, I think I read that the shiny trichomes are immature and the more powdery the trichomes are the more mature the THC?? But that doesn't really make sense to me, are the glass looking ones just simply due to light reflecting off them?

Really sorry guys but seriously thank you all, I think I have worked it out?