Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mixing Epsom salts with nutrients?

Thanks

Default Mixing Epsom salts with nutrients?

Hi'im using biobizz allmix and I know about 2/3 weeks in I need to add some Epsom salts'i was just wondering is it best to add it on its own with just my water or can I mix it in with my nutes? Cheers.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nickyt For This Useful Post:

redisiel (18-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

Use Epson as a foliar spray mate, add about a teaspoon to about 1/2L of water & mi well in. Throw it in a sprayer & spray the leafs & under them too
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (16-02-17), ERBURT (18-02-17), ggotch (02-03-17), nickyt (17-02-17), redisiel (18-02-17), Samwise Gamgee (02-03-17), Valentina (28-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

a little hot water to disolve chrystals then mix with nutes.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

nickyt (17-02-17), Valentina (28-09-19)

Thanks

Cheers for the quick replies guys. Thanks.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nickyt For This Useful Post:

M_C (16-02-17), Valentina (28-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

Quote Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
    You are best off not adding it to the soil if you don't have to... it can screw with the soil

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (16-02-17), ERBURT (18-02-17), ggotch (02-03-17), nickyt (17-02-17), redisiel (18-02-17), Valentina (28-09-19)

Thanks

I'm just thinking when would it be best to foiler because I don't want to do it when the light are on' incase they get burnt' but if I do it just before lights out I'm worried about humidity going up lol. I suppose take them out the tent spray them raise the lights as high as I can and put them back? Cheers.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nickyt For This Useful Post:

Valentina (28-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
    The last place you want Epsom is in the medium mate it can raise the Ec to a point where it can lock out other elements as well as cause a pH imbalance....Foliar feed as M_C has said that way you get the Mg to where it's needed faster without involving the roots or medium...

Regards BL

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (18-02-17), ggotch (02-03-17), M_C (16-02-17), nickyt (16-02-17), potanist01 (18-02-17), redisiel (18-02-17)

Viz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    The last place you want Epsom is in the medium mate it can raise the Ec to a point where it can lock out other elements as well as cause a pH imbalance....Foliar feed as M_C has said that way you get the Mg to where it's needed faster without involving the roots or medium...

Regards BL

Bud could you expand on this comment please.

Tks

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (18-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Bud could you expand on this comment please.

Tks
    What part of don't you understand and Ill try to elaborate..

Regards BL

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (18-02-17), M_C (18-02-17)

Viz Guest

The bit I put in bold.

You say that Epson Salts in a growing medium (cannabis plants medium) is to be avoided. Now I am interested in why you say that, and what you base that on. I understand that Epson Salts are salts, d'oh and when a person flushes you flush to remove salts. However Epson Salts does not fix to the coco and is in fact a cheleting agent and will help remove build up of salts if used, or at least that is my understanding of how it works in growing mediums. As Epson Salts are Ph neutral I do not see how adding to the medium is going to change the Ph in the medium.

Now if the medium has a Ph lock due to other factors, then adding Epson Salts will only provide some mag to the plant it will not resolve nor really help mattes beyond the short term where the deficiency is temporarily dealt with - the root cause of that deficiency is still present. Magnesium gets locked out when ph levels are 2.0 - 5.7 and Magnesium is absorbed best when the ph levels are 5.8 to 9.1.

So since Epson Salts is Ph neutral I am unsure as to how it will negatively impact a growing medium.

EC and Epson Salts - I guess this is the part I would like a bit more detail about. How Epson Salts causes EC lock out. I do understand that plants will not feed if the EC is higher than 2.2 according to the growing literature (all plants not just Weed). So if you add so much Epson Salts that you push the final EC over that mark you have lock out. But you really have to add heaps of Epson Salts to do that I have found while testing.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (18-02-17), Esh (18-02-17), M_C (18-02-17), potanist01 (18-02-17)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast