Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Few questions first grow

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,032 Times

Default Few questions first grow

Im about to start my first grow. I have a 120cmx120cmx200cm tent, 400W HPS lamp, 4" inline fan and carbon filter. I will also get some clip on fans when i get things up and running. (also have a ph tester thermometer and timer) For seeds im thinking skunk xl and bubble kush.

Can anyone recommend some good soil to buy in the uk and ferts to use from start to finish?

How many plants is good for this size? (Trying to keep the smell to a minimum) and is this light ok from start to finish?

Is ph up & ph down the best thing to buy to conrtoll the ph?

Any help is great cheers

2. The Following User Says Thank You to skunkybudmans For This Useful Post:

edgar62 (17-02-17)

camkush Guest

If in soil I don't believe you will need ph up and down..(may be wrong there) Most of the U.K. People use oldtimers nutes. The 400 watt HPS should be fine for auto start to finish, but if you have MH I would recommend that bulb for veg. Is your ballast dimmable? Not sure on best soil over there, but someone from your country will be along shortly

4. The Following User Says Thank You to camkush For This Useful Post:

edgar62 (17-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

B&Q Verve Multipurpose Compost & Old Timers Grow & Bloom will see you through

Stick your PH meter & PH up & down into a drawer & forget about them... you don't need them for soil
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

edgar62 (17-02-17), ERBURT (17-02-17), joker_the_smoker (17-02-17), skunkybudmans (26-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,615 Times

Verve multi purpose from b&q seems to be very popular

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Esh For This Useful Post:

edgar62 (17-02-17), skunkybudmans (26-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camkush View Post
    If in soil I don't believe you will need ph up and down..(may be wrong there) Most of the U.K. People use oldtimers nutes. The 400 watt HPS should be fine for auto start to finish, but if you have MH I would recommend that bulb for veg. Is your ballast dimmable? Not sure on best soil over there, but someone from your country will be along shortly
    Thanks for the reply i dont think the bllast is dimmable its a grow lush magnetic ballast

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skunkybudmans For This Useful Post:

edgar62 (17-02-17)

Thanks

Thanks alot people

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skunkybudmans For This Useful Post:

edgar62 (17-02-17), M_C (17-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Nufc420 View Post
    Thanks for the reply i dont think the bllast is dimmable its a grow lush magnetic ballast
    It won't be dimmable - this function is available on digital ballasts only

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

edgar62 (17-02-17), skunkybudmans (17-02-17)

Viz Guest

I would suggest four plants is the maximum for the lights and the tent size. You could squeeze a few more in but you will not produce any more product I do not think.

I used a generic soil and got lucky. Jacks Magic, Canna Terra are also good brands to look at. Leave the BioBizz soils alone for now as they are best suited for a different kind of tap water, there is a thread about that here someplace.

Old Timers Grow and Bloom, some Rhizo and a smidgen of Epson Salts and you are sorted.

Soil does not need meters or anything. Good pots, I use Airpots, good drainage and a watering can. All sorted.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

edgar62 (17-02-17), skunkybudmans (17-02-17)

Thanks

Cheers m_c were can i get the old timers grow & bloom?

Also what sites are best to buy seeds in uk?

Thanks

18. The Following User Says Thank You to skunkybudmans For This Useful Post:

edgar62 (17-02-17)

Thanks

Ive got some 16l rhizopots do you know is these are any good ?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to skunkybudmans For This Useful Post:

edgar62 (17-02-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast