Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: first time growing need advice/info

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,352 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

i agree with black grouse above mate. youre asking for the cheapest and quickest but also best seeds, you wanna grow in a small footprint using the minimal of light and equipment and youre gonna expect results... if it was that straightforward it would mean a lot of us on here are wasting our time and money trying to produce a good smoke. you'll get results but they won't be desirable, your weed will be wispy and leafy, not that strong and you'll have run out of it in a fortnight... do you really wanna wait anxiously for 2-3 months for that?
    not having a pop at you mate, just trying to enlighten you a bit. excellent info available from the folk on here but you cant buy a ferrari for the price of a lada!

'"this species has amused itself to death"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uparoundthebend For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-02-17)

Thanks

Right scrap the prices now lool I've found 2 autos for a total of £9 now just need the set up, I've been told I can't go as small as 60x60x60??? So wat wuld be the nedt decent size up.. Dnt want it to be big tho due to reasons

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dooobie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-02-17)

black grouse Guest

read above. calculate the pot height, light depth and gap you will need between the lamp and the plant, you MIGHT get 10cm and scrog it to death but you really need to find a more suitable area - I would say minimum of 140cm height. I know there are micro growers but most are quite experienced people having a play.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to black grouse For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-02-17)

Thanks

Right I've gone for either a 50x50x100 or a 40x40x120 cant go any bigger tbh, chosen my light an strains(autos) now just need pot size an wat too use either soil or coco an all the little bits etc

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dooobie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-02-17)

black grouse Guest

Go low profile pots. you have to decide between soil and coco but soils easier as a beginner imho. Also think of runoff.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to black grouse For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,352 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Dooobie View Post
    Right I've gone for either a 50x50x100 or a 40x40x120 cant go any bigger tbh, chosen my light an strains(autos) now just need pot size an wat too use either soil or coco an all the little bits etc
    tent that size I'd only do 1, get a fem seed and train it for a bit under a 250w hps in soil with oldtimers feed if you're new to it all.

'"this species has amused itself to death"

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uparoundthebend For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times
    Provided Answers: 105

Hows that? If u just said uve used cfls? Well war wuld u recommend in a tent that size then
    300W LED, or 250W HPS, would cover you well.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,016 Times

Well tbh u think a metre in height is too tall wont fit my cupboard, yeah ill either do that or lay the inside with tin foil as I've heard that works a treat too?
    Don't Ever use tinfoil mate!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rizla_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,885 Times

The search filters on some of the seed banks site are great, you can completely tailor your seed for your grow. Check out the seed bank sponsors on this site. It's fun and you learn something. Much better than people telling you what to grow. Where's the fun in that?
    Sent using a rudimentary device
    https://s32.postimg.org/5nlg414id/bunt_funk.jpg
    Current Grow:Super Critical Bud CBD. Diary here
    Last Grow: Green Love Potion & BlackJack
    Completed Diary: Cali Orange, Coco here.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-02-17)

Thanks

I think what you need to ask yourself is what will you be happy with at the end of the grow?

I actually just did a search for CFL grows as I've never looked at a diary only using CFL! Quickly found one and the result was 3oz dry from 4 plants. They guy seemed really pleased but others would say its far too much effort for that kind of result!

As others have said get the right kit and it will reward you in the end, if money is an issue wait, save up and do it when the funds are right. Or get a mate to chip in and share the results?

For a first time go for soil rather than coco, biobizz light mix is a good choice.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeyTree For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-02-17)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3