Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: first time growing need advice/info

black grouse Guest

Tinfoil isnt great, use mylar if anything. Depending on your circumstances you will face problems light proofing it, theres always some gets out in my experience so try and find a tent that will fit perfectly - even perhaps a propagation tent, you get these in various sizes, 30/60/90cm etc.
    Also consider ventilation. In and out in a cupboard can be difficult. IF you can extract into the attic with a powerful enough fan it might pull enough through all the cracks in the door frame etc.
    Finally seeds..... expect to pay £8-12 a seed. Don't buy cheap and if I were you id stick to a well known bank like herbies ( never had an issue ) or attitude etc. I cant really comment on strain but on most seedbanks you can pick short plants, auto, etc etc and select the type of high you want from them.

Hope this has helped, its a bit difficult without seeing and take a piece of advice from an old bloke.... DONT try and make do. I have several times and ended up paying out a lot more money than if I had just done it right in the beginning

2. The Following User Says Thank You to black grouse For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-02-17)

Thanks

Yeah ino tinfoil's not great, but dnt rly have the funds for mylar:/ an yeah ino that as have witnessed it before lol I have posted a link uo abaove pf a propagation tent?? Wuld that be okay or too small for 2 autos? Or possible 1.. I live in a flat pal so no attic etcyeah ive have alook pn attitude found 3 seems that vary from £5-£8 which take mt fancy an are all short based an short hiefhr autos..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dooobie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-02-17)

Thanks

Yeah that's true ahaa, so wat would be the best way for me then do you think? If ur in the uk wuld u say its okay todo outdoor or no as is always dull an grey lmao.. Just me n partner had enuf of spending loads of grams so wuld rather do this etc for aresleves

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dooobie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-02-17)

black grouse Guest

I am UK however I am quite far north and although I grew 6 foot trees last year.... I got pretty much nothing off them.
    Can you not fit a larger tent indoors? Seriously I have tried lots in the past and its definately the way to go.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to black grouse For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-02-17)

Thanks

I honestly due to reasons, I've found a small tent like u said a propagation tent 60x60x60 that wuld be ideal an is only 30£ or 85£ for clone kit that comes with it aha, if not ill make oje the same size... I'm in Cornwall so pretty bad weather ahaa, also I'm going to be using cfls an I've read on a post here that's pinned via admin that for a small grow 1 cfl at between 125-200w would dofor it all is that correct if so ill get a 125w but wats the colours of light for too with? Either red blue or dual

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dooobie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-02-17)

Thanks

Wat sized pots wuld I use for such a small tent as I dnt want the plant getting outta control if it does lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dooobie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-02-17)

black grouse Guest

For lights I had a dual spectrum cfls and basically half was red, half was blue. I think your setting yourself up for a fail tho in honesty, sorry

14. The Following User Says Thank You to black grouse For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-02-17)

Thanks

Hows that? If u just said uve used cfls? Well war wuld u recommend in a tent that size then

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dooobie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-02-17)

black grouse Guest

Due to height I'd say your limited to tubes tbh. Cfl's at 125w are quite large and will eat into the space as much as a cool tube. By the time you factor in pot ( even a low profile flat one ) and light plus gap so you don't burn your going to need to do a he'll of a lot of lst ing for maybe an ounce. Sorry not having a go just don't think it's worth it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to black grouse For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-02-17)

Thanks

Ah right I see, I just cant do big due to limitations.. So I culdnr really use a light in a tent like that then?? Wuld I need a cool tube?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dooobie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-02-17)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast