Thread: Can LED lighting cause red stems?

Thanks

Default Can LED lighting cause red stems?

I have a couple of clones that I am growing under LED for the first time. Unlike the mother plants, the clones are all growing with very red stems usually indicative of phosphorous deficiency or another nutrient problem. But I am using the same soil as previously, etc. This is a new light for me. Is it possible that the spectrum of the LED is causing this growth habit? Should I be concerned? Or should I look harder at the other things that might be going on ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to galtbob For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

4. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,885 Times

Hello there

Yes but no. Your Temps will be much lower with LED so if it's cold enough you'll get red stems. I'm on LED so need a heater with lights on as well as lights off in my tent to keep the temps up. This is my 2nd grow, my previous grow was also led but had no heater. I had red stems for the last part of that grow as the cold night started to sweep in.

Doubt it's down to spectrum. Much more likely from you getting used to a much cooler light source.

But tough to know without pics and full details of your grow.

What are your on off temps? EC? PH? what are you feeding it and how much?
    Sent using a rudimentary device
    https://s32.postimg.org/5nlg414id/bunt_funk.jpg
    Current Grow:Super Critical Bud CBD. Diary here
    Last Grow: Green Love Potion & BlackJack
    Completed Diary: Cali Orange, Coco here.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (20-02-17), galtbob (20-02-17), GEORGE (24-02-17)

Viz Guest

If your plants are the same plants, your grow environment and medium is the exact same with the exception of the lights then it is the lights. If your plants look like they have something wrong then nope it is not your lights.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Ive noticed with my leds , they bring out nice hues that hps on its own will not create .

Purple stems if its not a.purple.or blue strain or crossed with , may be a early sign of phorphorus or mag defficiency .

Show us some pics man and well help you out man .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-17)