Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cyanobacteria, tea not working, PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

Default Cyanobacteria, tea not working, PLEASE HELP!

hey guys
    i have been dealing with cyanobacteria for 6 months
    i have been able to keep my plants alive by changing the reservoir more than once a week
    ive tried voodoo juice
    ive tried hydroguard
    ive tried h2o2
    i thought it was pythium until 2 weeks ago when i discovered it was cyanobacteria. then i started trying the tea.
    for 2 weeks ive been brewing and adding a tea once every 2 days with a handful of ancient forest in a nylon tied to an air stone, 1 teaspoon of npk raw molasses, and 1/4 teaspoon great white in ro water
    but now my plants are just dieing
    i thought the tea was working but the roots have turned from light brown to dark brown. i have 1 perfectly white root on each plant
    maybe the tea does work but my plants were too far gone for it to work
    i dont get a foam on top of the tea when i brew it, should i try adding fox farm liquid hummus?
    plz helpz! esp if u have dealt with cyanobacteria!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fogponics For This Useful Post:

Glynne (21-02-17), Trex (20-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Wont work man . Ive done 3-4 trials , and all fail . Soil microbes xannot be submerged in water , they die off after 24/36 hrs .

Aquapanics is the only way to go organic in hydroponics as the microbes are marine and can survive . Its like trying to make a fish live in open air , not gonna happen man .

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Glynne (21-02-17), joker_the_smoker (20-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

there she is

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Fogponics , theres a good book thst im researxhing , Aquaponic gardening by Sylvia Bernstein . A good read ,im gonna research this a few months and build a good system once my dwc project gets off once im back from march break .

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Glynne (21-02-17), joker_the_smoker (20-02-17)

Thanks

roots will go dark after the tea .. the only way youll know if the teas working is if any new shoots .. copper sulphate would kill it but itll waste ya plants .. grape fruit seed extract will kill it but no idea how it would effect plant ... as said above it kinda sounds to late .. its a circle you feed your plants you feed the bacteria some never sort this .. keeping it all sterile is the key i know this doesnt help .

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retsnomsdog For This Useful Post:

Glynne (21-02-17)

Thanks

im not doing aquaponics that is too complicated. i thought a tea every 48 hours would be the solution because of the fact that the bennies die out after that would be the solution. i hear you about the microbes browing the roots, but these roots are definately dead. ive got 1 new shoot that looks good. should i trim all the dead leaves? even though that is most of the leaves. would that help?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fogponics For This Useful Post:

Glynne (21-02-17)

Thanks

Its not.complicsted at all . But anywase

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Glynne (21-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,728 Times

I used to volunteer at a place that did aquaponics... two large 1400 litre tanks with juvenile tilapia in one side and adults for harvest in the other.. water then fed racks of baths with floating racks in them then water went through a vertical NFT/aeroponic hybrid system and back to tanks.... was great and really productive with a medium amount of care... i reckon the complicated bit is setting it up and getting it dialled in but when it is it kind of runs itself.
    I want to do a small aquaponic setup/experiment maybe early next year.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

Trex (21-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Hydro and organics just don't work IMHO

sent from mission control

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Glynne (21-02-17), Trex (21-02-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast