Thread: Recirculating or Drain to Waste?

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Default Recirculating or Drain to Waste?

Hiya Guys,

Ive bought a wilma 8 pot dripper system.
    Looking at different posts around i see that some people prefer to plug the drainage hole in top tray and use these as a drain to waste, they set feeds to the right amount so basically there is hardly any run-off that sits in tray after feeding.

It looks like drain to waste is a safer option for control of rez ec/ph levels and why this is done.

Anyone here do this, if so is it worth it over the normal recirculating setup?

Thanks

Thanks

i have a 8pot Wilma with drippers and I do recirculating. I top my Wilma up mid week and empty it weekly ive never had any problems with ec or ph going much out of the ball park. hope this helps.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the brit For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (02-04-17), Scotty napalm (13-09-17)