Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question about exif data

Thanks

Default Question about exif data

Hi guys,

This is probably not the good place on this forum to post this but I really don't know where I should've put it.. If someone can move it to the appropriate section I would appreciate

I just wanted to know how do you upload pictures on this website and if I have to clean each picture's exif data before posting it ? I'm really paranoid with cops sorry..

Thanks in advance !

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baldwinordie For This Useful Post:

Glynne (22-02-17), Oxy (22-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

Switch off the GPS in the camera is the easiest way, or there are plenty of online sites that will remove EXIF data from pics...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Glynne (22-02-17), Northern (22-02-17), Oxy (22-02-17)

Thanks

I know but what I actually meant was, does this website automatically delete exif data from pics ? Anyways I will do it on my own just to be safe, thanks for your answer though.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baldwinordie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

TBH, I couldn't say for sure if it does or doesn't...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,089 Times

I use a site called imgur which removes all that stuff for ya, probably many others too.

Thanks

Default Question about exif data

Hope mine don't have gps data on!
    Although could be fun for Android users as they can set fake locations and get someone they do not like raided lol. Or even better set location tags as local police station

My 1st grow diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...eet-tooth-auto
    Last edited by SandyRatchet; 22-02-17 at 06:53 PM.

Thanks

I can't really see the point of photos having GPS data embedded... I know where the pic was taken & that's all that really matters...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,555 Times

You could test if the site does by uploading a pic with location data and then downloading that pic and checking if it's still there. I personally don't think it will be because the code to read geo data would need to be added else it will just do the standard reading the bytes and upload. An image file is sort of like a zip file and upload apis read the section of image data and nothing else unless coded

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terajuana View Post
    An image file is sort of like a zip file and upload apis read the section of image data and nothing else unless coded
    Never underestimate pics mate. Did you know you can hide text, or even another pic, within a pic?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,555 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Never underestimate pics mate. Did you know you can hide text, or even another pic, within a pic?
    Yes and you can also embed a virus in there. My point is that the code to upload a pic under the hood looks for the start and end markers for the bytes that contain the image. To read other imbedded data the code will need to read a different section of the file and this isn't standard and would require additional code for that section. Developers wanting to used geo data can't use any image reader api, they need to seek out the ones that have that ability coded. Sites like this will most likely use a standard reader that will discard that section. The only way to be sure is to try an image and see if that data persists

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Terajuana For This Useful Post:

M_C (22-02-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast