Thread: Grow setup

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Default Grow setup

Im a new grower looking to grow some strawberry kush. Im looking for advice and hopefully links to supplies on a cheap but effective setup to grow personal use only (3-4 Plants) Im looking to grow top quality cannabis. Id like the setup to be as simple and cheap as possible at first. Just the necessities. Good nutrients and feeding schedule recommendations needed as well. im looking at a 5ft x 5ft grow tent right now and want to use a peat base. Any and all advice is welcome. Thank You

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamesdaLion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-02-17), Type M (23-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

You won't get any links, as they're not allowed. But i'm sure we can point you in the right direction...

Grow tent. 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m is a good size for 3-4 plants.
    Light: 400w/600w HPS will be ideal. The cheapest option is a barn shade or you could go for a cool tube instead (recommended) + ratchets to lower & raise the light
    Bulb - a duel spectrum bulb means you only need one
    Ballast. You can get these cheap enough, but I would always recommend a dimmable digital ballast.
    Extraction fan/carbon filter. 5" in size is ideal for that space. Don't skimp on the filter - Rhino are recommended. Systemair RVK fans are solid.
    Ducting/jubilee clips - to link your fan/filter together.
    Maybe a heater for lights off time - this depends on where you plan to grow.
    Canna nutrients/soil are all recommended.
    Pots up to 15l in size.
    Some sort of oscillating or clip on fan for extra air movement.

That's the minimum you'll need for a good grow

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

D90 (23-02-17), Dazmandaz (23-02-17), GEORGE (23-02-17), JamesdaLion (23-02-17), joker_the_smoker (23-02-17), Samwise Gamgee (23-02-17)

Thanks

no such thing as a cheap set up tbh lol, if you're gonna use a tent that big you gonna be needing some big fans and filter, you're best off getting a 120x120 like he said. HPS might be the best light to get but do research on how much it will cost to run a month before you buy it. DO NOT go cheap on a filter either you need a good filter otherwise you will be rushing to buy one when flower starts kicking in.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to D90 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-02-17), JamesdaLion (23-02-17), Samwise Gamgee (23-02-17), Type M (23-02-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

whats a good way to keep humidity stable? 600 Watt HPS MH Grow Light Bulb Digital Dimmable Ballast Air Cooled Hood Reflector Kit is the light set up im looking at(not sure if brand names are allowed). it costs $163. Do you have recommendations on a decent Extraction fan/carbon filter system? Ill be growing out away from everyone in a country house

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JamesdaLion View Post
    whats a good way to keep humidity stable? 600 Watt HPS MH Grow Light Bulb Digital Dimmable Ballast Air Cooled Hood Reflector Kit is the light set up im looking at(not sure if brand names are allowed). it costs $163. Do you have recommendations on a decent Extraction fan/carbon filter system?
    I did recommend both mate

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

D90 (23-02-17), JamesdaLion (23-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Type M View Post
    Extraction fan/carbon filter. 5" in size is ideal for that space. Don't skimp on the filter - Rhino are recommended. Systemair RVK fans are solid.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

D90 (23-02-17)

Thanks

Rhino pro is a great filter, i made a mistake buying something cheap and had to spend more a month later because the smell started leaking early. They like the RVK fans and you're best going with that but i ended up with a black orchid fan and have had it for a year and its still doing great.

A dehumidifier is a must have in my opinion just in case you need it, you can get them pretty cheap. You will need 2 fans if you get the hps, one to bring fresh air into your tent. It's always best to get the best stuff you can with the money you have because you will end up upgrading, im already thinking about new light, tent a year in.. Good thing is its nice to have spares so its not the end of the world if you cant buy all the best stuff straight away. Just dont go cheap with filter, i had to be told by about 10 people and i still didnt listen lmao.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D90 For This Useful Post:

Glynne (23-02-17), Type M (23-02-17)