Thread: Trichoderma

Thanks

Default Trichoderma

Before I start off here. Are there any Trichoderma experts on here. If there are I'll begin talking about something .
    Reply and sub if you are as this will get interesting lol

My 1st grow diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...eet-tooth-auto

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SandyRatchet For This Useful Post:

redisiel (23-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Not an expert but it's a addition in my garden and learning knew things as I go so where shall we start?
    Blessings
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (23-02-17)

Thanks

At work at the moment so little time to post.
    I notice trichoderma seems very expensive.
    I used to run a large scale overseas hydroponics farm growing lettuce.
    We used to buy a pot of trichoderma granules. This we sent sprinkled on half cooked glutoneos rice and leave it to rot in a warm place for a couple of weeks. We then washed thru the now mould/bacteria covered rice and sieved it out. We ended up with about 100 gallons of mix that was added 1 litre per 50 litres of water 50:1.
    These bottles of trichoderma granules are direct from a very big university that studys hydroponics in hot climates. Got 5 bottles arriving as ordered today.
    Just wondering what people think about mixing this with grows

My 1st grow diary

Thanks

I can't see many people here adding trichoderma alone to there grows, most people here will run a sterile system or use the likes of great white which has the certain amounts because as we know it will eat beneficial fungi in too large a number.
    so it sounds like you was culturing also ?
    Redz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redsiel View Post
    I can't see many people here adding trichoderma alone to there grows, most people here will run a sterile system or use the likes of great white which has the certain amounts because as we know it will eat beneficial fungi in too large a number.
    so it sounds like you was culturing also ?
    Redz
    Thought trichoderma was a beneficial bacteria. We used it as the sole agent to combat root rot at 33c water Temps. In tanks that were changed every 4 weeks.

My 1st grow diary

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SandyRatchet For This Useful Post:

BornToBeAgrower (25-02-18), redisiel (23-02-17)

Thanks

It certainly is beneficial in most cases when in the right amounts, but I need diversity in the soil because I rely on other fungi sources to find nutrients in the soil along with these fungi are also nitrogen fixing bacterias azotobacter,azospirrillium,clostridium and rhizobium this is why it needs to be kept in balance and I think adding to much wouldn't be helpful tbh.

I take it that the trichoderma worked then, I also think that (LABS) would achieve the same thing, in pretty sure I can run a anaerobic hydroponic system with lacto
    Peace
    Redz

10. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Strider (23-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

Trichoderma is of limited use indoors imo, it's real strength lies outdoors in giving its host plant's roots additional reach and uptake, Don't see any reason you couldn't culture a bigger colony of it though.
    Strider's Sup Lemon Haze & L.A. Confidential DWC Good...hopefully...2018

SLH & Incredible Bulk DWC Actually good, honest. 2017

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

BornToBeAgrower (25-02-18), redisiel (23-02-17)

Thanks

I think that's why the great white does the indoor job mate, i was personally looking into it for the benefits of powdery mildew and other parasitic fungi mate.
    Redz

Thanks

The use of trichoderma seems as MUST on hydro by my opinion, on DWC and dripping techniques there is a massive grow of roots, making them looking and acting healthier. Even if you don't want to throw them directly on the tank, you can mix them with water and spray them on the roots, there's no any schedule you should follow, but is a nice and efficient way to use your materials. Sounds like aeroponics are better than anything nowadays. If the roots are sprayed with the desirable bacteria/nutes, they deploying even more roots to absorb the air+humidity of the bed which is sealed.