Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: CXB3590 10x COB LED 500w BUILD

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Fuck off that's you

Just waiting on last couple of bits I've ordered to turn up and then this badbuoy is getting put together. I've mounted half the cobs on the heatsinks.

Mate I watched loads of his stuff as well as REALSTYLES and read all of a fella called fanleafs build which is epic.
    Isn't deadmau5 a cheesy dj?!
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Buster (04-03-17), kbag (01-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,096 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning View Post
    Isn't deadmau5 a cheesy dj?!
    It's growmau5 sorry chap

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Buster For This Useful Post:

kbag (01-03-17)

Thanks

Right here's where I'm at the mo as still waiting on some stuff to turn up. I have the angled Ali and everything, volt meters etc and waiting on wire, hobby box and potentiometers so I can know exactly what I running my cobs at and able to dim to the wattage I want.

So far I have mounted the cobs on the heat sinks, using the cob holders, thermal tape. This is really straight forward. The cobs literally clip into the cob holders and both cob and holder are mark with a positive side and just make sure you line these up when clipping into the holder also the heatsinks have a corner marked with a positive mark aswell so it all fits together nice and simple. I then cut the thermal tape to size and stuck to the back of the COB. You can use thermal paste but I chose to use tape as lot easier and less messy to use.

Just to point out I got my heatsinks pre drilled and tapped as well

I then tightened down lightly not going to mental but enough to be handle firmly in place. Next I lined the reflector holder holes with the holes pre drilled on the heatsinks and then gently but firmly tightened down them

This is where I'm at, at the mo

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Buster For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (05-03-17), Diddydon (18-06-17), ggotch (09-03-17), Jesse Pinkman (02-03-17), joker_the_smoker (02-03-17), kbag (01-03-17), M_C (06-05-17)

Keeno Guest

Looking good Buster, I was reading about them pin heatsinks and they are the best you can get aparently. MON the cob!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keeno For This Useful Post:

Buster (01-03-17), kbag (01-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Keeno View Post
    Looking good Buster, I was reading about them pin heatsinks and they are the best you can get aparently. MON the cob!
    Yeah mate passively cooled as well. Just trying to work out a layout on where to have the drivers now. I might not mount them on the frame and the option of having them outside the tent

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buster For This Useful Post:

kbag (01-03-17)

Keeno Guest

Yeah mate passively cooled as well. Just trying to work out a layout on where to have the drivers now. I might not mount them on the frame and the option of having them outside the tent
    The less moving parts the better, and a truly silent light as well. If you can get the drivers out that would be a really nice cool streamlined setup mate.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keeno For This Useful Post:

Buster (01-03-17), kbag (01-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Keeno View Post
    The less moving parts the better, and a truly silent light as well. If you can get the drivers out that would be a really nice cool streamlined setup mate.
    It's defo doable K and yeah less power taken up as well. I get some pictures over at weekend of some of the designs and see what you lads think

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buster For This Useful Post:

kbag (02-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Buster (04-03-17), kbag (02-03-17)

Thanks

Everything is near on here just waiting on somemore wiring and getting some advice on wire I have. I hoping to put this together this weekend

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buster For This Useful Post:

Cunning (09-03-17), kbag (11-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Everything is near on here just waiting on somemore wiring and getting some advice on wire I have. I hoping to put this together this weekend
    I look forward to it

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Buster (09-03-17), kbag (11-03-17)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast