Thread: Run off issue

Thanks

Default Run off issue

Hi I have 8 plants in 10L airpots that have been vegging for 3 weeks. My run off trays haven't been emptied and roots have grown through the bottom of the pots and I now have a quite alot of root growth sat in the run off. My question is what should I do? Re-pot or drain the runoff and keep on top of it. I know I can't leave it as they will die i think. They are in coco being fed a and b with an e.c of 1.0. They are all healthy apart from this issue. Many thank

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

You need to remove your run off at all times mate. The stale nutrients/salts your washing out are just being pulled back into the plant as it soaks up the run off. Throwing your root zone out of sync.

Providing theres not mass amounts of roots and you keep on top of the run off they should air prune between watering. So you should be ok. Can you get a picture up?

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Danuk (24-02-17), M_C (24-02-17), robsy (24-02-17)

Thanks

I know I didn't think it would happen so fast. Imy picking a pump up tonight, I'll drain it and keep it dry. Some are about a handful in size I'll try and get a pic tonight. Thanks for the advice

5. The Following User Says Thank You to robsy For This Useful Post:

Blue (24-02-17)

Thanks

If the roots are too big will i have to re pot as I don't want them to die if they dry out. I'll drain them and get a pic up tonight and I can re pot in the morning if necessary. Thanks once again I appreciate it.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Quote Originally Posted by robsy View Post
    If the roots are too big will i have to re pot as I don't want them to die if they dry out. I'll drain them and get a pic up tonight and I can re pot in the morning if necessary. Thanks once again I appreciate it.
    The roots that have come through will air prune. So basically die back to where there's fresh medium which shouldn't be a problem. If there is lots then I'd repot or prune them back. A repot would be the better option . The picture you upload later will help to give you a better answer

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (24-02-17), robsy (24-02-17)

Thanks

Just been and empitied the run off. Wasn't as bad as I thought this morning noob worries i suppose �� forgot my phone so no pics but there all healthy. I'll make sure they stay dry from now on and might run a light flush incase of build up/over feed.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to robsy For This Useful Post:

Blue (24-02-17)