Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need help please..

Thanks

Biobizz all mix has enough to feed for the first 2weeks I've been told. I am now in week 4 heading into week 5 flower. I will flush and start with half strength as it's only on 1. The rest look fat and lush.
    Last edited by Pureresin; 28-02-17 at 09:17 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pureresin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,555 Times

These plants need a specific ph range to take up nutrients. I would ph to 6 and flush with the last flush containing an ec of 0.5 and go from there. Lots of people say don't ph water but if you putting in 7 ph and the soil isn't buffering then the plant is starving. I am in organic soil and I ph to 6 and they are lush

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terajuana For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-03-17), Pureresin (28-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Terajuana View Post
    These plants need a specific ph range to take up nutrients. I would ph to 6 and flush with the last flush containing an ec of 0.5 and go from there. Lots of people say don't ph water but if you putting in 7 ph and the soil isn't buffering then the plant is starving. I am in organic soil and I ph to 6 and they are lush
    My tap water is PH 7.8 & in soil I never PH adjust...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-03-17)

Thanks

You use verve right?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Terajuana For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-03-17)

Thanks

Verve was my current favourite. I think I've tried pretty much everything that the garden centers sell at one time or another

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-03-17), Trex (22-03-17)

Thanks

The only way to know if you should ph the water you feed is by doing a slurry test. I did a slurry test of my soil - ph'd a glass of rain water to 7, mixed 3 parts soil to 1 part water and it read 7.3 after standing for 10 minutes. if the soil is not buffering the tap water by containing an ingredient that lowers the ph then you need to either increase the bacteria content in the soil or add something to the feed to lower it. The need to ph is specific to the ingredients in the soil. I do 2 things with every feed. I ph the water to 5.8 to 6 range and I add a small amount of bacteria to the feed. The bacteria naturally keep a specific acidity range that is optimal for breaking down matter.

Lots of people have differing opinions on this but you can't be sure until you know the soil ingredients and the natural ph of the soil. Peat for instance has a low ph so you need lime to balance it.The problem with this is the lime will naturally wash away over waterings and the ph value over time will drop as the buffering efect is diminished. You should ph your runoff from start of grow to completion and take notes to accommodate throughout the grow. Don't ask how I know all this my extended family are all farmers and I spent lots of time on their farms. That and a little self education through good books definitely improves knowledge. I don't consider myself an expert in any capacity but haven't had any issues growing so must be doing something right

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terajuana For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-03-17), Glynne (02-03-17)

Thanks

Tap water being very alkaline would work well with an acidic soil

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terajuana For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-03-17), Glynne (02-03-17)

Thanks

I agree with a lot that you say

The only thing I would say is, if you are going to mess with the PH of the soil, try to do it in an organic nature rather than using PH up or down as these chemicals can ruin the microherd, turning you soil into nothing else but a medium for the roots. If you wish to go that route then coco would be a better medium for you to work with...

The vast majority of shop bought soils will fall well into the range that is good for cannabis (and chilis too )

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-03-17), Glynne (02-03-17), potanist01 (28-02-17), Pureresin (01-03-17), rizla_C (28-02-17)

Thanks

I use biobizz all mix but am thinking of using the lightmix next time. Plagron or biobizz is the question I have had nothing but trouble with this soil. I won't panic about ph as don't want to make it worse. I only have ph up and down but have never used it and can't because I am now organic. I am greatful for all your help, I will give a light flush then try with half strength nutrients. She the biggest plant so can understand her being hungry. But if she is locked out then maybe I should flush and check run off ph??? I am no pro and when things like this happen I feel like a novice again.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pureresin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-03-17), Glynne (02-03-17), Mz_121 (02-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Pureresin View Post
    I use biobizz all mix but am thinking of using the lightmix next time. Plagron or biobizz is the question I have had nothing but trouble with this soil. I won't panic about ph as don't want to make it worse. I only have ph up and down but have never used it and can't because I am now organic. I am greatful for all your help, I will give a light flush then try with half strength nutrients. She the biggest plant so can understand her being hungry. But if she is locked out then maybe I should flush and check run off ph??? I am no pro and when things like this happen I feel like a novice again.
    Are you in the UK, or US? If you are in the UK, then I can't help, but you in the US, I can.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Glynne (02-03-17), Pureresin (01-03-17)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast