Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help with fan and filter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skunk12 View Post
    Right got a shopping list together
    6" l1 rvk
    6" 600mm rhino filter would i be able to get the shorter version?
    Combi ducting
    Sms single fan controller 5amp
    Easi release clips
    If i kept the fan in the tent (how loud would it be?) would i be able to reduce the exhaust duct to 5" to go through the ceiling?
    I really need to try and get this setup silent.
    Thabks guys
    You need the bigger one and i have the 6"l1 and its loud thats why youll need a variac. A fan at half speed is much more quiet.

You can get the shorter one aslong as you have a variac thats what i did originally but you will get more noise from the whooshing going in.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks

Also... if you want total silence then bang the fan in a box and put it in the attic if you have one. And no i wouldnt reduce the duct going out since it will put strain on your fan and make much more noise. The majority of noise from the fans are actually from the air moving in the duct and not the fan.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2