Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Where and how to hide a plant for a day.

Thanks

Default Where and how to hide a plant for a day.

I rent a room in a 2 bedroom flat. The other roommate is a female, doesn't smoke weed, but is very acceptive of it. I want to start a grow and there's only 1 thing stopping me - the landlady comes for a visit in the flat every month for a few hours. She works in a different city and warns us 1 week before she comes for a visit. I forgot to mention I did tell my roommate I'll be growing weed - she has no problem with it.

I plan to grow only 1 plant in a box that is 50cmx50cmx125cm (20"x20"x49"). I have everything set up. I have the carbon filter, the fan, the lights, the soil, the nutrients, the electrical equipment and the pots. Tested the filter by putting old milk inside the grow box. No smell comes out of fan nor the room smells, when I open the door of the grow box, I wish I never had - so everything is smell proof.

My question is how to hide the plant for the visits. Everything in the grow box and the box it self can be dismantled and hidden with ease. The problem is the plant. In it's first month I can hide it in a small box. But what do I do for the late veg/flowering stage. The plant is gonna be about 1.10m long and it's gonna smell like there is no tomorrow.

What I was thinking, is getting some plastic material that is smell proof and wrap the plant with the pot. After I've wrapped it (not in a tight way) I can place it in a suitcase I have and keep it there for the visit. (My suitcase is 78cm tall exact, meaning the inside is more like 72cm so I'll have to bed the top part sideways by placing the plant in one of the corners and do a 90 degree bend)

Now probably a normal person would ask: Why just not put in a wardrobe.
    - My room doesn't have a wardrobe. The room is: a bed, a desk with a chair and 2 very small wardrobes/cupboards that are about 80cm tall (divided into 20cm chests) I keep my clothes there and everything else I need. For the jackets and similar stuff we have a "inbuilt/small room/like thing in the hallway. You open a door and you have hangers where you put stuff, that's also the place I keep my suitcase.
    Second question a normal person might have: Don't you have a closet?
    We do, but that's where the landlady keeps all her old items like photos/documents/printer/extra furniture and other stuff. What I've noticed is every time she comes she rearranges something in it, I have no idea what or why but she does...

A little more about the visit it self. She comes let's say around 4:00pm, talks to us, has a cup of coffee, goes around the flat, checks the bathroom/kitchen and all the other rooms. She doesn't open our storage like our cupboards or our desks. It's more like an inspection of the walls/windows and furniture. Reason she does that is me and my roommate are students and we're young (I'm 20 and she's 22) we also have our fare share of parties so it's reasonable she does that. About 3 hours pass and she leaves for her hotel.

That's pretty much it.

Recap: I need a place to hide 1 plant for a few hours in a way it can't be seen or smelt.

Thank you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SNS For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,615 Times

Is it not worth training your plant so it doesn't stand as tall or looking into some lowriders

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Esh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,615 Times

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Esh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-17)

Thanks

Go to a second hand shop and buy a wardrobe and put your grow box inside it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Volcano For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-17), Trex (23-03-17)

Thanks

Something else to consider is storage of consumables mine would prob fill your grow space

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Volcano For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,555 Times

Get a cricket bag to pack the grow box in and before she arrives take it for a walk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Terajuana For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-17)

Thanks

I do plan to train my plant so it grows on width and not lenght. Problem is the strain I really want to grow is "Amnesia Haze by Soma" saddly it's a sativa that grows for about 4 monts to a hight of ~150, I assume with the training it would be about 100cm.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SNS For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

I can see a bad ending to this.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-17), ggotch (26-02-17), Greengrass (28-03-17), mrnice586 (01-03-17), M_C (26-02-17), Trex (23-03-17), Type M (26-02-17)

Thanks

I don't really know how that's gonna work. Another problem is I plan to use "Smart Pots", the type that is flexible. Right now I have coco coir in a small one and I noticed when I move the pot around the soil REALLY bends up and down - I can only imagine what that would do to the roots. One of my fears is stressing out the plant.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SNS For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-17), Trex (28-03-17)

Thanks

Bad for the plant or bad for me?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SNS For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-17)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast