Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Where and how to hide a plant for a day.

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SNS View Post
    Bad for the plant or bad for me?
    For you, mate.

What if she comes round earlier than expected, or someone tips her off. What if you can't get home in time, or cannot cover the smell. Too many issues to deal with, and with so little space. If I were in your shoes, I'd either move, or just buy it from someone.

Good luck if you're going to do it, but I know I wouldn't as it sounds too risky.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-17), ggotch (26-02-17), M_C (26-02-17), Trex (23-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    For you, mate.

What if she comes round earlier than expected, or someone tips her off. What if you can't get home in time, or cannot cover the smell. Too many issues to deal with, and with so little space. If I were in your shoes, I'd either move, or just buy it from someone.

Good luck if you're going to do it, but I know I wouldn't as it sounds too risky.
    I won't risk it that much. See she lives in another city 900 miles away, there's not really a way for her to be here earlier than expected. My plan is to have everything set up 1 day before she comes. If I can't cover the smell I'll throw the plant and call it quits, not much I can do there.

Another thing pointing out, the previous renter was a female who lived 8 months in the flat and she smoked weed every day. Apparently the woman bough 2oz every month when she received her pay. Also 2 of my neighbors are weed smokers, every other day I catch them walking their dogs and I spot them near the building's parking smoking a joint. Overall the apartment building is weed friendly I just don't know the landlady that well to make a an assumption on her views over marijuana. That's why I assume the worst, the more paranoid I am the safer it is.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SNS For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

I hope for your sake, you're right. If you get caught, you'll receive a criminal record. That will fuck you up travel wise. A lot of countries won't allow you in, and may be more once Article 50 starts.

Be careful.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-17), SNS (26-02-17), Trex (28-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    I hope for your sake, you're right. If you get caught, you'll receive a criminal record. That will fuck you up travel wise. A lot of countries won't allow you in, and may be more once Article 50 starts.

Be careful.
    Ohh, I'm not worried about the cops. Even if my landlady finds out I've been growing she can't do anything unless evict me from the flat.
    1. I'm not registered with council as a resident in the flat, only she and my roommate are. Reason is to avoid council tax... most people won't agree on these terms, but I don't care much. Pretty sure tax evasion is on the same grounds as what I'm doing if not more.
    2. I can easily dispose the plant and deny anything related to growing.
    3. This is off topic, but I'm not a citizen of the UK, I just study here so a criminal record in another country isn't exactly the same as if it was your own, but non the less it is a serious thing and I can respect anyone who choses to be safe.

Either way I consider myself a paranoid person in life so I trust myself not to make any extra risks, thank you for the advice tho

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SNS For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Ohh, I'm not worried about the cops. Even if my landlady finds out I've been growing she can't do anything unless evict me from the flat.
    1. I'm not registered with council as a resident in the flat, only she and my roommate are. Reason is to avoid council tax... most people won't agree on these terms, but I don't care much. Pretty sure tax evasion is on the same grounds as what I'm doing if not more.
    2. I can easily dispose the plant and deny anything related to growing.
    3. This is off topic, but I'm not a citizen of the UK, I just study here so a criminal record in another country isn't exactly the same as if it was your own, but non the less it is a serious thing and I can respect anyone who choses to be safe.

Either way I consider myself a paranoid person in life so I trust myself not to make any extra risks, thank you for the advice tho
    Your Landlady could report you.
    You flatmate may say something to someone (eg, on a night out on the piss)
    The wrong people may hear about it and break in.

Good luck with your grow, and I hope to keep us all informed.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-17), Trex (28-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

I tend to agree with Aspie, I can see this ending badly.....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-17), ggotch (26-02-17), Greengrass (28-03-17), mrnice586 (01-03-17), Trex (23-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I tend to agree with Aspie, I can see this ending badly.....
    Ok, so people saying this will end in a bad way isn't helping my case.

I have 1 problem. "How and where to hide a plant for a day"
    I don't have a problem with my roommate, nor with my neighbors, nor with smell. You might think I do, but I don't. Everything has been checked/discussed and is secure.

My solution was to hide the plant in a suitcase. I'm not fixed on using this method, this was just an idea so I don't sound "Hey I have a problem - fix it for me".

Volcano suggested to buy a wardrobe or a storage rack and use that as grow box with the idea it would blend in. In my opinion that is riskier than using the suitcase. Yes I did say the landlady never opens our storage, but since it's new furniture there is the possibility she'll want to know how it looks on the inside. Never the less, it is an idea.

Terajuana suggested I get a cricket bag and take it outside while she comes for a visit. Good plan. I'm not a fan of the cricket bag because I'll have to put the plant in a horizontal position, but taking it "for a walk" isn't bad at all. I could cram the plant into the suitcase and leave it behind the garbage bin. Our building is relatively new. The building was made in 2015 and it was designed well. You have the apartment building, a front entrance with a huge garden and a back entrance with a smaller garden and parking spaces next to the parking spaces there is an enclosure with a lock where all the garbage bins stay. There I could hide the suitcase.
    Possible problems are that someone might think it's left as thrash and take it for themselves. Tomorrow I'll scout my entire neighborhood for a place where I can hide a suitcase without anyone finding it.

If anyone has any ideas for a solution please post them. I'll consider and discuss each one and pick the safest one at the end. I will make the grow happen, that is certain.

Thank you
    Last edited by SNS; 26-02-17 at 02:31 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SNS For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

Ok, so people saying this will end in a bad way isn't helping my case.

I have 1 problem. "How and where to hide a plant for a day"
    I don't have a problem with my roommate, nor with my neighbors, nor with smell. You might think I do, but I don't. Everything has been checked/discussed and is secure.

My solution for the problem was to hide the plant in a suitcase. I'm not fixed on using this method, this was just an idea so I don't sound "Hey I have a problem - fix it for me".

Volcano suggested to buy a wardrobe or a storage rack and use that as grow box with the idea that it would blend in. In my opinion that is riskier than using the suitcase. Yes I did say the landlady never opens our storage, but since it's new furniture there is the possibility she'll want to know how it looks on the inside. Never the less, it is an idea.

Terajuana suggested I get a cricket bag and take it outside while she comes for a visit. Good plan. I'm not a fan of the cricket bag because I'll have to put the plant in a horizontal position, but taking it "for a walk" isn't bad at all. I could cram the plant into the suitcase and leave it behind the garbage bin. Our building is relatively new. The building was made in 2015 and it was designed well. You have the apartment building, a front entrance with a huge garden and a back entrance with a smaller garden and parking spaces next to the parking spaces there is an enclosure with a lock where all the garbage bins stay. There I could hide the suitcase.
    Possible problems are that someone might think it's left as thrash and take it for themselves. Tomorrow I'll scout my entire neighborhood for a place where I can hide the suitcase without anyone finding it.

If anyone has any ideas for a solution please post them. I'll consider and discuss each one and pick the safest one at the end. I will make the grow happen, that is certain.

Thank you
    I assume that you have never smelt a cannabis plant in full flower?

Stick it in a suitcase, a wardrobe & it will still stink the place out...

I'm not being negative about the situation, I am trying to explain the hard facts that cannabis plants stink, and doing what you are suggesting will mean that your home will also stink. To help you out a little, if I opened my grow room (in the spare bedroom) and shut the bedroom door, within about 30 minutes I would be able to smell the plant all over the house. If I opened the front door to a visitor then they would be able to smell the plant too as soon as the door was opened... so the idea of keeping it in the house in a suitcase is a non starter....

OK, you could hide the suitcase outside somewhere. The plant will still stink and, if it is still there when you return, will attract unwanted attention (& that is best scenario!)

Whilst I don't have a solution to your problem, I can see that the ideas that you are playing with are highly likely to get you caught

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-17), Greengrass (28-03-17), SNS (26-02-17), Trex (23-03-17), Type M (26-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I assume that you have never smelt a cannabis plant in full flower?

Stick it in a suitcase, a wardrobe & it will still stink the place out...

I'm not being negative about the situation, I am trying to explain the hard facts that cannabis plants stink, and doing what you are suggesting will mean that your home will also stink. To help you out a little, if I opened my grow room (in the spare bedroom) and shut the bedroom door, within about 30 minutes I would be able to smell the plant all over the house. If I opened the front door to a visitor then they would be able to smell the plant too as soon as the door was opened... so the idea of keeping it in the house in a suitcase is a non starter....

OK, you could hide the suitcase outside somewhere. The plant will still stink and, if it is still there when you return, will attract unwanted attention (& that is best scenario!)

Whilst I don't have a solution to your problem, I can see that the ideas that you are playing with are highly likely to get you caught
    Now this is useful information. I'll start scouting for cupboards that could be made with a secret compartment, I also actually need to buy a storage unit because I'm running out so It won't be money lost.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SNS For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

tbh it,for me ,would come down to wether i could accept the worst possible outcome,regardless of the chances.

lifes a gamble,you can only ever gamble what you are prepared to lose.

which in my tiny mind is: you get busted/grassed by landlady etc,dibble arrives,you get done,your visa is revoked.

thisll mean end of you education,an early exit from the uk and imminent arrival back home to your parents/spouse whatever.

if you can accept that then its a goer.

if you cant... ?

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-17), Greengrass (28-03-17), marque08 (04-03-17), mrnice586 (01-03-17), M_C (26-02-17), SNS (26-02-17), Trex (23-03-17)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast