Thread: Sick young plants. Over-watering? Deficiency of some sort?

Thanks

Default Sick young plants. Over-watering? Deficiency of some sort?

Hi,

I am trying to grow hydroponically, this is my second attempt and like the first things are going downhill early. Here are the patients in question.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web.sick01.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	341107 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web.sick02.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	341108 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web.sick03.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	341109 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web.sick04.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	341110

Some details. They are 13 days old. pH levels are kept around 5.8. Temps are consistently 25c under a 250watt bulb, 24 hours a day.

Around day 9 I noticed the curling as if they were over-watered. To water them I had been dunking the whole rockwall cube in water (no nutes) until they were fully soaked. Was that too much perhaps? I had intended to let them really dry out but yesterday I saw these dry yellow and brown patches so I freaked out, grabbed the nutes and dunked them in water like the CIA with a terrorist. The nutes were 0.4 EC (0.6 including the tap water base EC.) I hoped maybe I had in fact had a deficiency which I could now fix.

So what is going on? Should I have not watered them so much? Should I have started giving them nutes sooner?

Any help will be appreciated, cheers.

Thanks

Yours look verrry similar to mine and are in a similar environment, i am not qualified enough to be confident but looking at yours they look like they need to go into bigger homes with more space, and saying that i'm wondering if mine need a re pot too hmmmm
    tommorow il shave my balls and put my cock through a warm apple pie... mmmmmmmhhhhhooooooh

Thanks

My NFT manual says they need to be root-bound before going into the tank. So far they have several roots appearing under the rockwall cubes but no way near root-bound. On my first NFT attempt I put them into the tanks at this stage and they hardly grew, which I attributed to doing that too early. Saturated in water or something. I am new at this though. Likely wrong.

You say my plants look like your plants. Do you mean you are having the same health issues with them?

Thanks

yeah have a look, different set up but still...

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...leaves-so-soon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    yeah have a look, different set up but still...
    Yeah I see your issue. Strange. Hopefully you and I get our problems fixed soon. Good luck to us.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Atrebas For This Useful Post:

Gary C (25-02-17)

Thanks

Dont dunk the rockwool only spray it until moist , if roots are appearing its time for its forever home and nutes , roots dont like to be exposed to just air they need to stay moist , transplant those things asap and start giving them grow/veg nutes they are hungry , if growing in coir bring the ph up to 6.5 .... They want nitrogen at this stage.

Thanks

I checked the roots but not all of them have roots showing yet so I am going to hold of transferring them to the reservoir. I was wondering though, is my rockwall water dunking encouraging the roots to stay within the rockwall and not to stretch out searching for water? Or do the roots spread regardless? I will adopt your 'spray until moist' method from now on. Cheers.