Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Average £ month using 400w hps? First grow ever

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

My costs. Have a special meter connected to tent only.
    600w hps
    125w CFL
    4 way air pump
    2 x 120w tube heaters
    6" rhino filter and fan
    Tall fan

Lights on 21/3
    £58 per month

My 1st grow diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...eet-tooth-auto

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 7

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    You can't say that. You've no idea how many hours or how much he pays per kw.

For example: A 400w light used for 24 hours a day at 15p pkw will be £44.64 for a 31 day month.
    And that is just for the lights.
    I used the assumption that it was 18/6 at 15p/kw.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 7

Quote Originally Posted by SandyRatchet View Post
    My costs. Have a special meter connected to tent only.
    600w hps
    125w CFL
    4 way air pump
    2 x 120w tube heaters
    6" rhino filter and fan
    Tall fan

Lights on 21/3
    £58 per month

My 1st grow diary
    Whered you get this meter, i thought about getting one of them digital ones off amazon. But i was concerned about the inductive load on the hps?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times
    Provided Answers: 6

I have solar panels so was thinking I would run lights on during the day (when the panels are working) during the colder months. My heater will obviously be on a thermostat and the room is well insulated made from 5" thick Kingspan inside of an outbuilding.

I will be running 3 x 600w HPS so would I be right in thinking the lights will take more electric than the oil heater?
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mrnice586 View Post
    I used the assumption that it was 18/6 at 15p/kw.

Even with those figures, it would amount to £33.48 for a 31 day month for the lights alone.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,224 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

It's not gonna cost much per month no matter what electric deal you're on.... £30-50 will see you through it without having to worry about it and the return even if it's just one plant will cover the electric cost easily.

I recently worked out it costs me about £1.17 per gram to produce.... That including electirc, nutes, and even the cost of the seeds and also 25% of the cost of my gear... After 4 grows I've already paid for all the equipment and it works out about 68p per gram to produce... Just shows you how much cash some people are making off this!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ReeferDankness For This Useful Post:

MR B-loom (28-02-17), mrnice586 (28-02-17), uparoundthebend (28-02-17)

camkush Guest

I'm in the USA my bill went down 2 dollars the month I ran my 400 watt HPS..

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times
    Provided Answers: 510

I only have a poxy 250w HPS & adding up all my extra bits & bobs I come in under 350w in total.

My 250w light is on 21/3 & everything else is 24/0

The cost per month? All I know is that it is a damn sight cheaper than buying the crap on the streets!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

ciderboy (01-03-17), MR B-loom (28-02-17), uparoundthebend (28-02-17), WADDIS (28-02-17)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Quote Originally Posted by mrnice586 View Post
    Whered you get this meter, i thought about getting one of them digital ones off amazon. But i was concerned about the inductive load on the hps?

It's an old EDF ecometer off ebay. Works with any supplier. Comes with a couple of special plugs and a wireless display. Cost £30.
    Has wifi power on/off if I needed to power it down from next to my computer where I have the display showing power usage.
    Have a 6 way extension plugged into each plug.
    The only real usage after seeing how much power it uses is that with a quick glance I can see its all on using the power it normally does without having to look in the garage. If the bulb was to go for instance orca fuse I could see lower power output and then check.

My 1st grow diary

Thanks

My 400w grow cost me £15 per week. To be honest I don't think the leccy board care what you do so long as you pay your bill. The one caveat is the smart meter, logging the time down to the second. I'm not comfortable with them, but if you don't have one you're golden.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast