Thread: 12" fan and filter??

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,845 Times

Default 12" fan and filter??

Ok so i might be able ro get hold of either a 10" or 12" fan and filter not sure the exact size off a friend for cheap its a box fan was wondering if i got a speed controller would i be able to slow it enough for my room which is 1.8x1.8 and how noisy would it be?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Twisted For This Useful Post:

Glynne (14-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

If this is a used item, look at the cost of a new filter before thinking about it....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Glynne (14-03-17), Twisted (27-02-17)

Thanks

Yes i see what u mean lol best just getting a 6 or 8 inch brand new then 😁

Check out my diary https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...grow-1st-diary

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twisted For This Useful Post:

Glynne (14-03-17), M_C (27-02-17)

Thanks

The bigger fan/filter, the lower the RPM per same volume.
    Meaning, the fan has to spin less to move a similar amount of air, which makes it much quieter.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BananaLizard For This Useful Post:

Glynne (14-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,224 Times

12" is way over powered for that space... you could probably get away with a 6" and maintain negative pressure. I'd go for an 8" though and I'd never buy a 2nd hand filter, chances are it'll start to smell after a couple of weeks.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ReeferDankness For This Useful Post:

Glynne (14-03-17), greengiant (14-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,586 Times

How much light is going in that space?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TOKER_REX For This Useful Post:

Glynne (14-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times

The main thing you should worry about is, if the filter can handle what the fan can suck through it to maintain negative pressure. The filter should be able to scrub more cubic metres of air then your fan can suck through it.

But to answer your question, a good quality fan controller will be able to slow the fan down & keep it reasonably quiet. You should still put the fan in a box, as they tend to be quite loud, even on 10%. I use a 12" Gekko box fan, it's beastly.

"Bees don't waste time explaining to flies why honey is better than shit."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Glynne (14-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    The main thing you should worry about is, if the filter can handle what the fan can suck through it to maintain negative pressure. The filter should be able to scrub more cubic metres of air then your fan can suck through it.

But to answer your question, a good quality fan controller will be able to slow the fan down & keep it reasonably quiet. You should still put the fan in a box, as they tend to be quite loud, even on 10%. I use a 12" Gekko box fan, it's beastly.
    Cheers mate its all sorted now ive bought myself a 6inch fan just got to save some pennies for a filter and i can swap it with my 4inch then 😀 tge only reason i was asking was because my old boss had 1 of his rented houses busted some romanians in there growing it was mad every room in the house was getting grown in the stuff that was there was mental about 50 bulbs and ballasts loads of feed fans filters mylar foil and about 400 plants that the cops chopped down lol they got caught because the old lady next door phoned the council saying she could smell sewerage lmao serves them right

Sent from mTalk

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Twisted For This Useful Post:

Glynne (14-03-17)