Thread: First time grow problem 1

Thanks

Default First time grow problem 1

Hello fellow growers just a few pictures to see if this is just a noob mistake or something more....
    Everything was growing really well a week ago then problems started to arise,
    growing in plain fruit and flower compost.
    600HPS 12/12 light.
    7 litre soil pots
    feed has been 1 Litre per plant a day with a little run off and plenty of soil moisture. (next day emptied and re watered)
    Room temp is 24.C Dark, 28.C daylight.
    Extract fan comes on for 10 minuites every hour, 4 hours extract a day (slight smell but nothing overpowering)
    constant intake on low with extra boost if needed, room feels like its taking off with boost on
    No humidity reader/ph or ppm readers
    Night cycle: 2 air cycle fans low setting (one blowing into the room from the dormant low intake vent (still draws plenty of fresh air) and another cycling the room air mid/high height)
    Day cycle: 2 air cycle fans one low, one medium (white oscillating fan in pictures on medium 2 setting, also low set fan over intake vent)
    Chemicals i currently have: Ionic bloom 7ml per ltr /grow 7ml per ltr /PK boost 1ml per ltr : Canna PK 14/15 1.5ml per ltr : formulex 5ml per ltr (as stated on bottles)

everything was fine until my leaves started crisping like a tan brown not really falling off just crisping first 2 days wasnt to bad on the 3rd day my biggest looked like fungal feces , thinking something was wrong i stopped and flushed for 3 days so far (flush day 4 28th feb 2017) it seems to have stopped and not got any worse but the buds now smell dam and ive lost alot of green out of the plant, stem still looks healthy though, but its nice to hear from people who have more idea and have more knowledge, hope this is plenty of information, mybe to many ins and outs...
    Thank you in advance Tommy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20170224_006.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	341204   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20170206_002.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	341205   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20170224_010.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	341206   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20170224_007.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	341207   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20170224_003.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	341208  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommy_420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,886 Times

Are they sitting in their own run off, or is it just poor pics?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-17)

Thanks

yes they are poor pics but yes it is also there own run off. probably never more than 200-300ml run off. have a litre of feed a day but i empty the pans when the light comes on to give at-least a few hours of soil dry time for root oxygen, try to only feed and disturb once maybe twice in there daylight times, my worries were not to over water but there drinking water fine , just don't look fine. bud is still springy and firm but the edges and leaves are crisping, my light is just over 22" inch from my top bud, originally made the new growers mistake of moving my light up thinking it was heat and light burn, i also have mirrors under my plants to bounce the light around a little more ... wasn't sure if it helps but in my head it was logical... ha ha

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommy_420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

You should remove the run off straight away. The mirrors will reflect the light causing hotspots so i would advise getting them out. Also your feeds seem really heavy but i have never used the nutes you are using so might be wrong.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-17), Tommy_420 (27-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,728 Times

Default First time grow problem 1

Also watering every day.... make sure you let your plants have a good wet and dry cycle.. after watering and pot has drained properly, lift it and see the weight, then make sure it is reasonably lighter before watering again.... it really sounds like overwatering.
    I only water every 4-5 days

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-17), MR B-loom (27-02-17), Tommy_420 (27-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

If you can raise the pots an inch or 2 to get air circulating around and under your pots try and get a digital thermo can get them 99p eBay

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-17), Tommy_420 (27-02-17)

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

If you're watering every day and leaving them in run off then you are most likely drowning your plants.

You should water with enough to create some run off and then remove run off and leave them for days until the soil is really dry.

Watering every day will do them no good at all mate.

You're also using two pk boosters from what I can tell which is a little pointless. Also as stated your feed seems strong so I'd say you also have nute burn and possibly salt build up.

I'd advise you flush them and then let them dry out for a good few days.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
    Cheers Dru!!!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-17), M_C (27-02-17), Tommy_420 (27-02-17)

Thanks

Ok, thank you all very much,
    not sure if i can leave 2 of them that long without under-watering, they will easily have a litre in a day,
    i will try not feeding for a few days, guaranteed they will be dry and empty of water by the time the light comes on today.
    i also have some half inch pot stacks so i will put some under my pots for air circulation and lift higher from water, didn't realize run off was that bad, will stop doing that.
    i did notice the PK boost from ionic is the same as the Canna PK 14/15 (currently not using either) ... dont seem to have any salt build up in or around my pans or pots

ive checked out some grow charts for ionic growing and it does say 7ml bloom per ltr even on the grow charts but the charts do say 5ml per ltr for grow (currently not using)... i do think its alot but then its 1 chemical unlike other brand names where i have to add 4-6 different things

Thanks you all for the reply's and answers any other information is greatly appreciated

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommy_420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,418 Times

awrite tommy seen you split or broke a stem done that on my second grow i'm on my 3rd now and done it again tonight lol but heres a couple of pics from the last one hope this helps
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2331.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	342355 this happened in veg and heres how she turned out
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2335.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	342356
    nothing special but didn't do her to much harm
    anyway good luck bud with yours and hope you reach your target
    sorry for the bad pics mate still trying to get my head around them lol
    J
    Last edited by jake420; 16-03-17 at 02:51 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jake420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,418 Times

Attachment 342357
    i just zip tied the break then when the stem got to thick i cut off the zip tie and just replaced with a lace and a couple of bbq sticks to hold the braches in place
    hope it helps but im only new at this myself bud
    J
    Last edited by jake420; 16-03-17 at 02:57 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jake420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-17)