Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Viz Coco Auto's in the tent - CDM grow

Thanks
    Thanked 3,474 Times in 1,188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Your girls look just as good my friend. One thing I am seeing is the huge difference coco makes to the growing. Size wise and also root development. Every opening in the Airpots has been filled it seems.
    True mate, its like they can breath in the coco, alot better than that sludge they call compost hehe 😂

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to forever_TT_green For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (21-03-17), hotshot (19-03-17), Trex (15-03-17), Viz (14-03-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,604 Times in 1,008 Posts

Thumbs up

Alright Viz.

I've just read this diary through from the start.

Very informative, lots of good info and I can't say I'm the least bit surprised at the crackers you've got going on in there.

Fair play mate. Thumbs up.

CDM's certainly performing too. Hopefully I'll be able to replicate that with my DWC grow. Feeling a bit daunted at the moment I've got to say.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JB For This Useful Post:

hotshot (19-03-17), Trex (15-03-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,286 Times in 3,379 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by forever_TT_green View Post
    True mate, its like they can breath in the coco, alot better than that sludge they call compost hehe 😂
    Haha ,that sludge blows coco quality out the ass though !! Pmsl .

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ _________

My Grow Journal

http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070563247

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

hotshot (19-03-17), Viz (15-03-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,581 Times in 3,576 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by forever_TT_green View Post
    True mate, its like they can breath in the coco, alot better than that sludge they call compost hehe ��

Tsk tsk show some love to the mud growers.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Alright Viz.

I've just read this diary through from the start.

Very informative, lots of good info and I can't say I'm the least bit surprised at the crackers you've got going on in there.

Fair play mate. Thumbs up.

CDM's certainly performing too. Hopefully I'll be able to replicate that with my DWC grow. Feeling a bit daunted at the moment I've got to say.

Thanks JB. Yeah CDM are good for my way of growing that is for sure. You will kick arse with the DWC method no two ways about it mate. The folks here on THCtalk have your back.

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Haha ,that sludge blows coco quality out the ass though !! Pmsl .

In a few weeks I will be able to tell the difference between smoking a coco grown herb or a mud grown smoke.
    “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.”
    – Marcel Proust

New Diary Viz doing Coco under CDM. LINK

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

hotshot (19-03-17), JB (19-03-17), rizla_C (16-03-17), Trex (16-03-17), WADDIS (16-03-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,011 Times in 6,270 Posts

oi oi viz mukkaa. long time no speak matey. hope ya goood amigo

nice rammed tent there bro. all on route for bangin grow mon

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

hotshot (19-03-17), JB (19-03-17), rizla_C (16-03-17), Trex (16-03-17), Viz (16-03-17), WADDIS (16-03-17), Wutang22 (18-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    oi oi viz mukkaa. long time no speak matey. hope ya goood amigo

nice rammed tent there bro. all on route for bangin grow mon

Thanks for that Jkr yeah the girls are going well. They have grown so much in the last few days too. The Dutchy grow girls are now bigger and taller than the Durban Poison. Am very hopeful of a good harvest if I don't fuck it up in the final furlong.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

hotshot (19-03-17), JB (19-03-17), joker_the_smoker (16-03-17), Trex (16-03-17), Wutang22 (18-03-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,474 Times in 1,188 Posts

I was a soil grower for a while ☺️

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to forever_TT_green For This Useful Post:

hotshot (19-03-17), Trex (16-03-17), Viz (16-03-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,745 Times in 682 Posts

Looking good so far chief.

Got to say at the minute I've got to side with the mud larks. It's just easy, but then again most people I see who grow in coco make it look as easy.
    First completed grow Timbos second attempt sour diesel auto
    Second completed grow Timbo goes critical
    Third completed grow - Rhino hunting on green crack

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Timbo287 For This Useful Post:

hotshot (19-03-17), imnice (27-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo287 View Post
    Looking good so far chief.

Got to say at the minute I've got to side with the mud larks. It's just easy, but then again most people I see who grow in coco make it look as easy.

Burns my arse to say this, but it is easier with coco once you get it dialled in. I only have to calibrate my Ph pen once a month, I have my feeds worked out now for how the plants like it. My Ph issues seems to be a thing of the past. So with the system I am using, and only have to make up feed once every five days. Running two reservoirs due to plants being at different stages. So less work than with soil to date.

Update time.

So my tent is rammed. Not much room anywhere for any more lateral growth. The Durban Poison plants are stunning and man I am impressed with Dutch Passion seeds. Both plants are practically identical and the one in front is even taller than her older sister. The one downside with plants this size in my size tent is that taking photo's is getting rather difficult as the plants are now taller than the tent flap. I have had to remove the platform above the drainage system as I said earlier due to them growing so much.

Well here is the younger of the two Durban Poison plants. You can see how she has squished up against the side wall of the tent but as much as I would love to give her room to grow there is just none to be had.

She is about six inches taller than her elder sister, who is tucked away top right hand corner. All I can manage to get are images of her top canopy and the cola's that she is fattening up.

The images do not really do justice to the size of the cola's but there was no way I could introduce a coke can or similar to provide perspective. It is hard enough just getting the phone over her sibling and hope for a shot in focus.

THC Auto Bomb is packing on the bud. Again it is very hard to get as shot of her due to the bushes in the front of the tent. Not complaining just saying. If she produces cola's in proportion to my Pepsi Challange entry, same strain, then I am in for a massive harvest. Lovely smoke, puts me flat on my back within minutes.

This is the only shot I could get of the canopy of the plant and her cola's. Not what I wanted but hey ho. She is also packing on the bud. THC Auto is three weeks younger than the first Durban Poison and the same age as the second one.

And finally the whole tent shot. I think it gives you an idea of the challenges I am facing and why I say that from now on only four plants in my tent.

Temp range: 18'C - 24'C lights on.
    Rh 44% lights on - 56% lights off

Feed schedule.

Ph range 5.5 to 6.2
    EC base 0.3
    Canna A and B
    Hammerhead 4/10
    Raw Amino
    Rhyzo

EC feed is 1.1

Over all I am enjoying the coco experience thus far. I have had to rethink a few things, such as plants needing different feeds during different stages and as a result am now running two dripper systems. Thanks to Bulls for the parts list. 100 litres of feed is made up ever five days and so far so good.

Thanks for stopping by and having a look.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Bulls (24-03-17), Catch_E_Monkey (21-03-17), Ginger-bud (21-03-17), hotshot (19-03-17), imnice (27-03-17), joker_the_smoker (20-03-17), Timbo287 (20-03-17), Trex (20-03-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,745 Times in 682 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Burns my arse to say this, but it is easier with coco once you get it dialled in. I only have to calibrate my Ph pen once a month, I have my feeds worked out now for how the plants like it. My Ph issues seems to be a thing of the past. So with the system I am using, and only have to make up feed once every five days. Running two reservoirs due to plants being at different stages. So less work than with soil to date.
    I have no experience with coco, but from the outside it appears very daunting. Chasing ph and ec, the wet/dry cycle and the complexity of the feed. Or at least it looks complex... like I said once you know what your doing it looks easy and as you've said is easy. I might try it at some point.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Timbo287 For This Useful Post:

Viz (20-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo287 View Post
    I have no experience with coco, but from the outside it appears very daunting. Chasing ph and ec, the wet/dry cycle and the complexity of the feed. Or at least it looks complex... like I said once you know what your doing it looks easy and as you've said is easy. I might try it at some point.

Timbo at first I found it a bit clumsy, but once I worked out my method that worked for me it was plain sailing mate. Seriously with a cheap and simple dripper system it is almost no work at all.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

ironeye (10-04-17), Timbo287 (20-03-17)

Thanks

me old mukka fecker

i see you kept the base on the fan you not get it rotate without it?

buds coming on a treat matey. i see you rolling with hammerhead. what week did you start this? did you give them pk13/14boost during the 1st 2week of flip? Just bein nosey

JTS

24. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Viz (20-03-17)

Thanks

Fan was a bit of a bodge job, just needed airflow and did not have the time to fiddle. Will try to take the base off and sort out air flow when I get a spare hour or so to actually spend with the girls and the tent.

Hammer head from week 3. PK 12/13 first two weeks yes.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (20-03-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,572 Times in 856 Posts

Looking good grandpa, sorry I ain't got up with you lately. Been busy at work, home and with the move. Hope all is well.

Sent from my iPhone using Magic

28. The Following User Says Thank You to camkush For This Useful Post:

Viz (21-03-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,799 Times in 4,372 Posts

Mental grow mate, it's soooo jammed!

I'd wish you luck but you obviously don't need any, so I'll keep it for emergencies, lol.

Peace out bean sprout

Sent From The Monkeys Dome

Odour Control!!!

Be Excellent To Each Other, and Party On Dudes! - Bill S. Preston, Esq

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catch_E_Monkey For This Useful Post:

camkush (21-03-17), Viz (21-03-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,165 Times in 968 Posts

Looking good mate , how do you warm your room ? I'm always struggling with lights out temps especially with extraction running at half speed all the time. Seem to be dictated to by the outside temps. Coming along well matey

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

Viz (21-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camkush View Post
    Looking good grandpa, sorry I ain't got up with you lately. Been busy at work, home and with the move. Hope all is well.

Sent from my iPhone using Magic
    Cheers for that Cam, yeah things are good both at home and in the tent. Just a tad over crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by Catch_E_Monkey View Post
    Mental grow mate, it's soooo jammed!

I'd wish you luck but you obviously don't need any, so I'll keep it for emergencies, lol.

Peace out bean sprout

Sent From The Monkeys Dome

Will take all the luck I can get mate, a grow is only done and dusted when you smoke the herb. Until that point all to many things can cause you grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger-bud View Post
    Looking good mate , how do you warm your room ? I'm always struggling with lights out temps especially with extraction running at half speed all the time. Seem to be dictated to by the outside temps. Coming along well matey

I use a £12 2Kw electric heater now, and the heater is wired to my Evolution controller. Keeps my range of temps between 23'C and 18'C.

Short update. I have introduced a 16l dehumidifier into the grow tent. Rh was creeping up due to the amount of transpiration that the girls are doing. Have it now set for 45% and so far so good.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (21-03-17)

Thanks

ay viz does your dehumidifier blow out hot air also?? just wondering if that just mine like

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Trex (21-03-17), Viz (21-03-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,286 Times in 3,379 Posts

Looking good viz my man .

Just a little word of caution for meter calbration , i swore i read that you did it once a month ? I do mine every couple days , just to make sure , temps also play a very large roll in ph and ec meter calibration viz , make sure you get exact temps of those calibration buffers before you adjust , a few degrees off can fuck things up royally ,especially in a fine tuned outfit like coco .

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (21-03-17), M_C (21-03-17), Timbo287 (23-03-17), Viz (21-03-17), WADDIS (21-03-17)

Thanks

Cheers for the tip Trex I will calibrate more often and make a point of being stable temp wise.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (25-03-17), M_C (21-03-17), Trex (21-03-17)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast