Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	341240

the drooping started three days ago and hasn't lifted since -

Soil
    plant age: 2 weeks old
    pot size: starter pot (smallest)
    has it been repotted? and when?: no
    soil type: verve for seeds and cuttings
    nutes or additives used and how often for soil: added rhizotonic once since planting
    Air temps (max min): 73-79
    Res temps (max min) 73-79
    humidity: 40-45
    lighting type (hps, led, cfl) - led
    ph level unknown

any help would be much appreciated

thanks v much

Thanks

also the strain is cbd crew therapy

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,555 Times

Looks like nitrogen toxicity

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Terajuana For This Useful Post:

leohowe3 (27-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terajuana View Post
    Looks like nitrogen toxicity
    okay thanks, any ideas on how to combat that?

Viz Guest

Two things:
    1. Ensure that your pot has suitable drainage. I found that with the little containers similar to the one in your image that while they had holes at the bottom if I had my pots on a flat surface not all the water would drain correctly. Raising the pot with two sticks sorted that out and ensured proper drainage. You may find that while the soil feels dry at the top the soil at the bottom has not been draining correctly. This can result in droop in leaves.
    2. Hot soil. If your soil is a little hot for your plant, high in Nitrogen, then it can burn the young seedling a bit. Keep watering when dry and use only the Rhizo for now. They will recover and be none the worse for the experience. Often with sensitive plants the initial amounts of nutrients in the soil is a bit to hot for the plant.

And finally, have a look under your pot if you can see a few roots poking out the bottom it may be an indicator that your plant needs to be repoted into the final, or bigger pot.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

kbag (27-02-17), leohowe3 (27-02-17), Tommy_420 (06-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Two things:
    1. Ensure that your pot has suitable drainage. I found that with the little containers similar to the one in your image that while they had holes at the bottom if I had my pots on a flat surface not all the water would drain correctly. Raising the pot with two sticks sorted that out and ensured proper drainage. You may find that while the soil feels dry at the top the soil at the bottom has not been draining correctly. This can result in droop in leaves.
    2. Hot soil. If your soil is a little hot for your plant, high in Nitrogen, then it can burn the young seedling a bit. Keep watering when dry and use only the Rhizo for now. They will recover and be none the worse for the experience. Often with sensitive plants the initial amounts of nutrients in the soil is a bit to hot for the plant.

And finally, have a look under your pot if you can see a few roots poking out the bottom it may be an indicator that your plant needs to be repoted into the final, or bigger pot.
    yeah i had the same problem with these pots as they didnt drain very well, so I made a platform from sticks to keep them suspended over the pot base. but that was only a few days ago so I guess the soil underneath must still be wet/moist?

that's good to know that they'll recover (phew) okay great I'll stick with the rhizo and keep watering.

checked the bottom and there's one or two roots showing very slightly, have been getting the feeling that it could be time to move on!

thank you very much for your help man.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to leohowe3 For This Useful Post:

Viz Guest

No worries mate.

When you repot, you can add some Perlite to your soil to aid in drainage, and yes always make sure your pots are slightly raised to allow premium drainage.

Good luck.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

leohowe3 (27-02-17)

Thanks

okay great nice one man

have a good night