Thread: Tips for growing Broccoli !!

MrChedHead Guest

Default Tips for growing Broccoli !!

Hello Thc Talkers,
    Hope your all well ;D
    As above like, does anyone grow broccoli? Any tips? How do you grow it, not quite sure if i can grow it in coco with a dash of PK fr good measure 😂

Mrs Beefheart Guest

Tried last yr in the garden and failed 🙈

MrChedHead Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Beefheart View Post
    Tried last yr in the garden and failed 🙈
    How come you failed? Is it a difficult one to grow? gonna give it a whirl Mrs B see what the crack is 👍🏻😋

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

Mrs Beefheart Guest

Quote Originally Posted by forever_TT_green View Post
    How come you failed? Is it a difficult one to grow? gonna give it a whirl Mrs B see what the crack is 👍🏻😋
    I'm really not sure why lol last yrs I got about an inch high , then death , yrs before about half inch and dead lol ... only wanted to grow it for the rabbit 😂

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,728 Times

Slugs love any brassica and you dont always see the trails from the really small ones but they are the most damaging so we thought it was something else until the wifey went out to garden at 2am and found 300 odd slugs in the small patch we had at the time., we completely lost our purple sprouting broccoli, cauliflowers, and other stuff 2 years ago.. we tried every natural deterrent and slug snail natural killers/deterrent like salt and copper strips and nothing worked so last year we got the blue pellets and will never look back..
    We use non F1 seeds so there is no pest resistancy breeded into them. Last year we got loads of stuff we have never been able to grow before, so im bigging up the blue slug/snail pellets. Its the only chemical shit we use tho..
    Happy gardening 🖒🖒.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i grow brocoli every year its a pretty simple plant to grow ,find some hard ground dig a trench plant them about 40 cm apart water every night i diidnt use any nutrient just a water with the hose every night should do it ...........

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geoff jub For This Useful Post:

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Glynne View Post
    Slugs love any brassica and you dont always see the trails from the really small ones but they are the most damaging so we thought it was something else until the wifey went out to garden at 2am and found 300 odd slugs in the small patch we had at the time., we completely lost our purple sprouting broccoli, cauliflowers, and other stuff 2 years ago.. we tried every natural deterrent and slug snail natural killers/deterrent like salt and copper strips and nothing worked so last year we got the blue pellets and will never look back..
    We use non F1 seeds so there is no pest resistancy breeded into them. Last year we got loads of stuff we have never been able to grow before, so im bigging up the blue slug/snail pellets. Its the only chemical shit we use tho..
    Happy gardening .

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Try encouraging more lizards to your garden mate by providing shelter for them. Broccoli is easy to grow and after yo pick the main head leave it in the ground it will flower again all over the stems. The stems of homegrown are also very tasty and juicy raw. Dunno about growing it in coco and a bit extra pk lol. Dont rekon it would do real good indoors its a cool weather crop.
    Last edited by Hobbit; 01-08-17 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,398 Times

i wouldnt bother mate, you dont get much brocoli off it for the size of the plant.

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by i spy View Post
    i wouldnt bother mate, you dont get much brocoli off it for the size of the plant.
    lol you must be doing it wrong brother.