Thread: PLEASE HELP!! New from room setup ideas here's what space I have..

Thanks

Default PLEASE HELP!! New from room setup ideas here's what space I have..

Ok so I'm looking to start up my own growing space.. I have to cupboard spaces that is attached to my house from the rear, inside theese cupboards is just plain brick wall? So I'm looking for ideas how I can turn this into a grow room possibly smaller cupboard for veg and larger cupboard for flower? It can get pretty cold in them cupboards in the winter and Colder times I'm assuming g this is down to just only being a brick wall and not actually getting any heat from inside house/living areas.

What would be the best thing to do and can use give me some ideas on what I can make and achieve from these small room/cupboard.

I would say one room is 80cm X 80cm and about 220cm in height
    The other room is slightly larger but the rooms roof comes down at an angle as this is under the stairs.

What would use reccomend to here is the brick wall going to need insulating or what are my options here, any help you guys can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Are these like outhouses that are attached to the house from the outside?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Loki (27-02-17)

Thanks

Sort of, it's like inside the house but outside the rear entrance, so outside theese cupboards is a small porch then That is attached to the house entrance/exit.

Thanks

Ah! I see

That should assist in your temps as they are not directly in the cold

Your smaller space is larger than I currently grow in

Thanks

Theese are old storage cupboards that don't really get used but it's just a basic brick wall inside so I'm not sure how I would go about it

Thanks

A pic or two would really help...

Thanks

That's the thing I actually havnt cleared this space out yet. It's fold of old storage over the years so I would need to empty and clean it out thoroughly which I havnt got round to doing yet as I'm still trying to find out what options I would have in there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by budman92 View Post
    That's the thing I actually havnt cleared this space out yet. It's fold of old storage over the years so I would need to empty and clean it out thoroughly which I havnt got round to doing yet as I'm still trying to find out what options I would have in there.
    That's OK, I hear you

Options are really dependent on intake, extraction, lighting & security.

The space size is fine Intake & extraction are usually the troublesome thing... but that can usually be sorted fairly easily... but may require a cut or two in the cupboards (is it a rented or owned house?) - And, importantly, are these cupboards overlooked by neighbors? IE will the neighbors see copious amounts of light when you open the door to care for the plants?

Thanks

No it's a privately owned house and secure.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to budman92 For This Useful Post:

M_C (27-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by budman92 View Post
    No it's a privately owned house and secure.
    That gives a lot more options