Thread: Root stimulants during flower

Thanks

Default Root stimulants during flower

Hi there. I've been growing for a number of yrs. one thing I've never done is use a root hormone during flower. In Aus we generally use something like Nutriboost or a number of similar products.

What do people think of this method and pros and cons of doing it??

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,728 Times

I use Canna BioRhizotonic at the seedling stage and at any time throughout the grow as a stress reliever after potting up, defoliating or causing my girl any stress.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

ConserVative (28-02-17), happyjack (28-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

It will depends whether we're talking specifically about rooting hormones (synthetic auxin) or root stimulants like Rhizotonic, which DO have hormones...but not that one (It has Oligosaccharide, some sort of polymer/cell binding dealy, so says wikipedia anyway :P )
    Strider's Sup Lemon Haze & L.A. Confidential DWC Good...hopefully...2018

SLH & Incredible Bulk DWC Actually good, honest. 2017

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

ConserVative (28-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

I'm sure cannabis plants only concentrate on their roots until mid flower, then all energy goes into building buds. I know House & garden roots exelurator is only used until week 4 of flower....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

ConserVative (28-02-17)

Thanks

Yeah I'm talking specifically about the root hormone style chems. Four weeks into flower ; I'll give that a crack. I do have some rhizo but never made it work for me. Anyway sounds logical. Thanks blokes

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ConserVative For This Useful Post:

Type M (28-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

It 'should' do them a bit of good, the whole plant uses Auxin hormones for stuff, it broadly tells the plant where to grow and how far (When we top plants its that same hormone reaction that kicks the lateral branches into overdrive)

A word of caution though, past a point (I don't know where) extra Auxins do more harm than good and are even used as a harbicide, makes plants burn themselves out and cark it, they're also normally used to making only small amounts of hormones in localised areas, a big whack of them in one go taken up by the roots and having to move through the plant can be a bit, 'unpredictable'