Thread: Multiple Sclerosis (M.S)

Thanks

Default Multiple Sclerosis (M.S)

Hello,

Are there many m.s sufferers in here?

I have done a quick forum search but haven't found too much info.

Would love to hear success stories from anyone who has it or any advice on what strains they use

camkush Guest

Here is a great article with some scientific data about testing people with MS and using cannabis. Part that stuck out to me was half way down the page under extracts said muscle stiffness got better twofolds, hope maybe this can help, I am sure someone on here can advise you better. http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Tre...ines/Marijuana

3. The Following User Says Thank You to camkush For This Useful Post:

the green rooms (05-03-17)

Thanks

Have you taken a look at GW Pharmaceticals? They grow a forest worth in Kent I believe for the treatment of MS spasticity and market the extracted oil as a tincture under the name Sativex. If I remember rightly their plant is a 60/40 Sativa/Indica cross.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ragnbone For This Useful Post:

the green rooms (05-03-17)

Thanks

I could (and nearly did) go into a long rant but essentially

There are many POTENTIAL benefits of cannabis for MS. The only medically proven is reduction in muscle spasticity (this is why sativex was produced and is legal) this can indirectly help with many symptoms, gait, bladder, bowel, pain, if spasticity is part of your problem.

Google, own judgement and common sense will tell you the rest

Sativex is a nightmare to try and get prescribed and tbh who wants "GW pharma, unknown grow method, extracted into alcohol spray" that costs £200 a week when you can organically grow much better stuff yourself

Sativex (i believe) contains both THC and CBD in a 1:1 ratio with this in mind i'd look into CBD crew as a reliable source of seeds that fit that criteria (there not always 1:1 but they're the closest you'll get and have been pioneers of breeding CBD back into strains and have all the old favourites! super silver haze, white widow, critical mass etc

Some Neuros believe THC has NEUROPROTECTIVE properties. Although this has not yet been medically proven it is still very exciting

CBD is anti-inflammatory

Smoking ANYTHING is bad for anyone, and people who smoke with MS do worse than people who don't (ex smokers or non smokers)

Vape or eat or do some sort of extract RSO type thing (I think Chew's got a thread somewhere about that?)

There is a concern among some Neuros about cannabis use worsening cognition in MS patients. Again, google and own judgement/choice on that one, I know many people without MS who use cannabis and it impairs there cognition also I guess if you have cognitive issues maybe best to avoid? but jury's out on that one

Watch out for munchies. Many people, including myself believe diet (and lifestyle in general) has a HUGE impact on the course of the disease. If you get stoned as fuck and much yourself silly on pizza and sweets and shit you won't be doing yourself any favours trust me. Have a ‘healthy munchies’ plan something sweet and something savory that’ll scratch the itch a bit

other than that there's no harm as far as I know.

symptom management is a given, suppress inflammation and potential to protect the CNS -

It would be VERY interesting to see what happens to someone with MS who runs a full course of RSO
    Last edited by Weedian; 03-03-17 at 09:41 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Weedian For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (04-03-17), M_C (03-03-17), the green rooms (05-03-17)

Thanks

Thanks for your replies, I was aware of Sativex but unfortunately the doctor won't consider that as an option yet.
    Thanks for your semi rant Weedian - hopefully in a few months I'll know how affective oil can be for ms sufferers.

My sister has quite bad symptoms at the moment, including spasticity, so will be documenting her case on here hopefully.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,882 Times

Dex may have some input here?

@Dexter McPherson (as I think he uses tapatalk?)
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

Im currently researching as much as I can on MS in general and with regard to canna ,im looking into strains people have used successfully and the best form's of administration.

Im eventually hoping to put together something so i can access a high CBD strain, a high THC strain and as close to 1:1 as possible.

I was thinking high CBD strain for everyday use via tincture, high THC through the vape in very small doses and the 1:1 for both edibles and vaping as required.

Im also researching other supplements that can assist with coping with MS.

A close family member suffers and I believe canna can can definitely help but like everything its find what works for an individual.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IsthereaDOCinthehouse? For This Useful Post:

the green rooms (07-12-17)

Thanks

CBD crew is 1:1+ with a guaranteed minimum 4% CBD in all their strains. To the best of my knowledge there seems to be very little advantage to high THC low CBD for MS (I'm open to being corrected tho) so they may as well just consume more 1:1.

If you grow out 10 or so CBD crew strains and test them you should find a fairly high THC mother that has plenty of CBD to boot

anything else I have to say on cannabis and MS I have said above in this thread.

As for sups, (please do your own research into everything I say I may be wrong and like you say its very individual)

Vitamin D (high dose 5000IU is commonly used, sometimes more under medical supervision)
    B vitamin complex
    Co Q10
    Zinc if they don't eat meat
    Creatine can bee useful also

Clean diet, regardless of the many MS diet philosophies you can choose to follow (Swank diet, OMS diet, Best bet diet, Wahls protocol are the main ones) the one thing they all have in common is un-processed all from scratch cooking, avoiding artificial fats and veg oils. Trial and error with diet person to person will get different result

Sleep
    diet
    stress
    exercise - focus on posture correction, hip and core muscles as well as general strength and aerobic fitness (within the persons limits)
    Stretch and self massage/smr DAILY and get quality massage as often as able to afford from someone who is well qualified and knowledgeable about MS
    meditation
    addressing 'traumas' that have happened in their life/counselling (google it, its a big one)

and the knowledge that remeylination meds are being researched and WILL happen in our lifetime

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Weedian For This Useful Post:

the green rooms (22-06-17)

Thanks

Also

try to clear the system of any underlying infections

restore gut lining

minimize sugar salt and caffine