Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why are my buds relatively small?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by forever_TT_green View Post
    Its they led mate
    Thanx, Green. I'm coming to accept that the LEDs are at least a factor.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to skeptik For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (06-03-17)

Thanks

You say you use 2 x 300w LED panels, is that real 600W power draw from the wall?
    Or more likely "300w" in Chinese means about 90-150w power draw?

Considering one can get about 0.8-1.2 grams per watt, it seems to me your grow is perfectly fine.

If however it's really 600w draw, it might be anything from strain to CO2, to nutrients, to temps, distance from the lights etc.
    Seeing how the plants looks quite good, if you can grow the same strains only this time supplement with CO2 to see if it makes a difference.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BananaLizard For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B.A.BARACUS View Post
    I'd say strain & Led.... At a guess

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Thanx, Baracus. My current LED setup only provides about 33 watts / sq ft. Do you all think that adding another panel during 12/12 to boost the power to ~50 watts / sq ft will help significantly?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skeptik For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (03-03-17), Skunky n funky (06-03-17)

MrChedHead Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skeptik View Post
    Thanx, Baracus. My current LED setup only provides about 33 watts / sq ft. Do you all think that adding another panel during 12/12 to boost the power to ~50 watts / sq ft will help significantly?
    I would do away with them panels mate and go fr COB leds if you want a half decent result with them... just my opinion

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BananaLizard View Post
    You say you use 2 x 300w LED panels, is that real 600W power draw from the wall?
    Or more likely "300w" in Chinese means about 90-150w power draw?

Considering one can get about 0.8-1.2 grams per watt, it seems to me your grow is perfectly fine.

If however it's really 600w draw, it might be anything from strain to CO2, to nutrients, to temps, distance from the lights etc.
    Seeing how the plants looks quite good, if you can grow the same strains only this time supplement with CO2 to see if it makes a difference.
    You are, of course, correct: The 300w is more a model number rather than any meaningful measure of power draw/output. The *actual* draw at the wall is ~132 watts /panel, so 2 x 132 = ~264 watts, or about 33 watts/sq.ft. *actual* total draw. As I asked Baracus, do you all think that adding another panel during 12/12 to boost the power to ~50 watts / sq ft will help significantly?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to skeptik For This Useful Post:

MrChedHead Guest

Iv been using a 200w prakasa cob led on this delahaze with some vertical t5 tubes, used the 300w version also and like a few lads on ere we had no bad results

Last edited by MrChedHead; 03-03-17 at 08:22 PM.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (03-03-17), joker_the_smoker (03-03-17), skeptik (03-03-17), Skunky n funky (06-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Quote Originally Posted by forever_TT_green View Post
    Iv been using a 200w prakasa cob led on this delahaze with some vertical t5 tubes, used the 300w version also and like a few lads on ere we had no bad results

Best LEDS For the cash imo...I'm getting one for my next grow 100% + Iv'e not heard of one failing yet... All good signs imo.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

MrChedHead Guest

Quote Originally Posted by B.A.BARACUS View Post
    Best LEDS For the cash imo...I'm getting one for my next grow 100% + Iv'e not heard of one failing yet... All good signs imo.
    Oh hello stranger! Ye man they are decent fr the price, type M had one in on his along side hps an smashed it... they keep nodes so tight aswell i vegged cheese under it an first week of flower

Then flower under hps

Great combo imo

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (03-03-17), skeptik (03-03-17), Skunky n funky (06-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

Hi skeptic it really is not about the watts per square foot or the amount of lumens your light's put out. Its about micromoles a lot of people over look this when switching to 12/12 you lower your micromoles by half so a light that done well in veg will not always be sufficient for flower. Of course light height can play a big part in this as well. With leds often the footprint is considerably smaller to achieve the umol necessary yo grow dank weed. I can not remember the exact number off my head but im sure you need to produce over 500 umols to grow decent weed and around 700-800 for dank solid buds.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

skeptik (03-03-17), Skunky n funky (06-03-17)

MrChedHead Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kbag View Post
    Hi skeptic it really is not about the watts per square foot or the amount of lumens your light's put out. Its about micromoles a lot of people over look this when switching to 12/12 you lower your micromoles by half so a light that done well in veg will not always be sufficient for flower. Of course light height can play a big part in this as well. With leds often the footprint is considerably smaller to achieve the umol necessary yo grow dank weed. I can not remember the exact number off my head but im sure you need to produce over 500 umols to grow decent weed and around 700-800 for dank solid buds.
    Oh look another prakasa grower ... how much umols do the prakasas knock out K?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast