Thread: Car air filter as an extract silencer?

Thanks

Default Car air filter as an extract silencer?

I'm cobbling together some ideas for my next grow, which will be a stealth cfl chest of drawers. I've come up with an idea that I can vent out of the top of the cabinet using a car air filter like the standard K&N type as a silencer and cover that with a speaker from a cd player so it will just look like a normal radio on top of a chest of drawers.

Do you guys think that sort of filter will provide adequate muffling? I've done it before with another carbon filter and it worked perfectly so I'm thinking the same principal, lots of perforated holes will work just as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks

How about an actual long speaker that stands like the ones from the 80s w like 3 speakers in em. Put it ontop screw it to the chest and drill or just use the speakers pre built ventilation outlet. Kudos if speaker still works too you can set it up to a reciever and cover the noise with music