Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: advice on equipment

Thanks

Default advice on equipment

hi, am wondering if its worth getting a "package" tent/fan and all that or is it better to by bits seperatly? as a first time grower I really don't know what to do? I have around 200/250 pound, I know not much but working with a really tight budget. I know you get out what you put in but just really need advice

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jamiemckabab For This Useful Post:

Glynne (08-03-17)

Bulls Guest

My advice will be to save a bit more money and buy proper equipment once instead of buying Kits from hydro shops. Most of the time you will have to buy twice.. What size growing area are you thinkin of?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Glynne (08-03-17)

Thanks

It's a small room, but I was thinking a 1.2m x 1.2 x 2m 600w hps grow in soil as it's my first time? I wouldn't mind if it only done around 2 grows tbh as I would then have enough time to save up for something better. Problem is I'm going back to collage and of course smoke which isn't the cheapest so thought a cheap grow set up would do the job untill I can put by more cash while I've got something to smoke lol

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jamiemckabab For This Useful Post:

Glynne (08-03-17)

Bulls Guest

For that size tent and light you will need a 6'' L1 RVK Fan and Rhino Pro Filter. Only the pair of them is like 160£. Digital ballast and bulb with reflector will be about 100-120£...you will be best of doing 4 plants in that tent .. Soil will be your cheaper option for medium as you can use Old Timers Grow and Bloom which are only 10£ for 1L.. but you will need few more bits and bobs so you will be looking at around 350-400£ mate.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Glynne (08-03-17)

Thanks

I thought the 600w HP's would have done the 1.2m tent with it being lowered lol I was looking at the Rhino 6" filter and 6" intake was gonna use the canna compost or the biobizz all in one potting soil?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jamiemckabab For This Useful Post:

Glynne (08-03-17)

Thanks

I would be better getting a bit more in the pot then instead of the 250 mark? Do I really need the digital ballast? Al have a proper look at the novice section in a little while just about to go out and for some reason Tapatalk doesn't work without WiFi 🙈

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jamiemckabab For This Useful Post:

Glynne (08-03-17)

MrMen Guest

i would definatly save for better equiptment i like many others have started with cheap kits to only replace it after a grow or 2

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMen For This Useful Post:

Glynne (08-03-17)

MrMen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamiemckabab View Post
    I would be better getting a bit more in the pot then instead of the 250 mark? Do I really need the digital ballast? Al have a proper look at the novice section in a little while just about to go out and for some reason Tapatalk doesn't work without WiFi ��

a digital ballast isn't necessary a lumii 600w magnetic ballast is a good cheap choice i use them myself

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrMen For This Useful Post:

Glynne (08-03-17), jamiemckabab (08-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,728 Times

I agree with all above... i bought a kit for £300 came with usual stuff...light with mag ballast, 1x1x2m cheapo tent, 4" Vents TT fan+filter, ducting, hangers, etc.... then within the month i had to go and buy a new RVK 150L fan a new rhino filter, ducting.. if i had bought things separately it would have cost me more than the initial price but cheaper than what ive paid so far to get the setup i have.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

jamiemckabab (08-03-17)

Thanks

Thanks alot for all the advice, think al save up some more what would use say is a decent amount to get started? Maybe 400?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jamiemckabab For This Useful Post:

Glynne (08-03-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast