Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: IR induced leaf heating question/day and night temp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger-bud View Post
    I would say so , yes mate. Mainly cos I've not heard of anyone measuring the leaf temp on here mainly just hanging the probe at canopy level because that's usually where it's hottest being just below the light. You'll soon know if leaves are to hot if they start curling up to protect themselves. Plus you'll know if your ambient is to high then your leaf temp will certainly be high to. I grow in a shed outdoors and although not ideal I have swings of up to 20 degrees somedays and I've had some pretty decent harvests out of it.
    thx for the help!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chili dOG For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-03-17)

Thanks

I would say so , yes mate. Mainly cos I've not heard of anyone measuring the leaf temp on here mainly just hanging the probe at canopy level because that's usually where it's hottest being just below the light. You'll soon know if leaves are to hot if they start curling up to protect themselves. Plus you'll know if your ambient is to high then your leaf temp will certainly be high to. I grow in a shed outdoors and although not ideal I have swings of up to 20 degrees somedays and I've had some pretty decent harvests out of it.
    the reason i want to know this information, is because i dont want to rely on the plant to tell me if theres a problem. With my goal being maximum production, the less stress the better

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chili dOG For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

Just try and keep the ambient as close as you can between lights off and on. Or you'll confuse yourself with to many different readings from different parts of the plant. Steady temps and plenty of airflow will see you right mate good luck

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

Chili dOG (13-03-17), GEORGE (13-03-17)

Thanks

Just try and keep the ambient as close as you can between lights off and on. Or you'll confuse yourself with to many different readings from different parts of the plant. Steady temps and plenty of airflow will see you right mate good luck
    thank u bud!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chili dOG For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-03-17), Ginger-bud (13-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

No worries mate. Now you got 10 posts you can get a diary started and add pics you'll get plenty of help With your grow

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

Chili dOG (16-03-17), GEORGE (13-03-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2