Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: does scrog weaken strenth of smoke

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,418 Times

BA i have cream for that lol

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jake420 For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (09-03-17), Glynne (10-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,728 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jake420 View Post
    Lol should i start a thread to see what he's going to have to do on site for the next few days haha
    Go get the long weight.
    Go buy some tartan paint..
    Go get me the left handed hammer, paintbrush, tape measure etc..
    Go and find the double sided gaffer tape.

The list goes on.... 😆😆😅😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

jake420 (10-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

MC he put me on the phone to a couple of his friends from london(thats were he's from im north of the border) and these wee guys all said that it does and as i know sweet fa they had me questioning myself,,these boys were saying topping was for quantity not quality
    Im looking for the latter
    Lol should i start a thread to see what he's going to have to do on site for the next few days haha
    I wonder if they were daft enough to top a plant in flower? That would definitely spoil the quality, especially if it causes them to turn hermaphrodite

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

British green (10-03-17), Dazmandaz (10-03-17), Dirty_badger (18-06-18), Glynne (10-03-17), jake420 (18-03-17), M_C (17-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Type M View Post
    I wonder if they were daft enough to top a plant in flower? That would definitely spoil the quality, especially if it causes them to turn hermaphrodite
    That was my thought and the only way I could see topping fucking with the plant . I also don't like back budding or back building where you snip a little off the top of the bud . Not something I'd recommend . I like to keep stress levels down in flower and if anything a little stress at the very end just to up the thc production a little

sent from mission control

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Glynne (10-03-17), jake420 (18-03-17), Type M (10-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

most if not all people are off their heads in their own way, i just hope i dont come across the nutter that wants kick my head in, so long as that dont happen i dont give a shit what they say i dont believe nobody cos i dont know who or what they are

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

Glynne (10-03-17), jake420 (21-03-17)

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

I wonder how they grow weed when entering into thc strength competitions?

I'd like to bet they don't top.

Strength increase might be minimal but I would say that the bud from a single central cola would be of a higher quality. Just only very slightly.

Tip no is still well worth while though and I do it every grow. I'd rather a 30% + increase in yield than a 0.5% increase in thc content.

Still if you were to argue it scientifically I would say that an untopped plant would produce better bud on the middle cola. Just seems like you'd expect as much as that's how nature intended it.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
    Cheers Dru!!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

Glynne (21-03-17), jake420 (18-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,224 Times

I'd say topping it works out better mate. Without topping you get 1 giant dank nug and everything else is b grade if you top it you get 10+ big dank nugs and a lot less lower crap. It won't reduce the quality of the bud, it'll just give you more higher quality weed.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ReeferDankness For This Useful Post:

Glynne (21-03-17), jake420 (18-03-17), JB (31-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,418 Times

fcukin ell all,,, i just looked back and you'd of thought i just slagged someones ma off PMSL anyway never got the chance to punish the little cnut we finished early that friday and it was a job and finish aswell ahh lol
    well he went on to argue their point and defend you loose some of the goodness,,,before you guys think i'm speaking about your mums again i would just like to say i have always topped,,,the whole 3 grows and i'm on my 3rd of them just now lol
    anyway point is it's good to be among so many folks that give afcuk to be so passionate to share there experience thanks guys and as said earlier topped the s--t out of the others lol so thanks again guys and much appreciated
    J

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jake420 For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (21-03-17), Glynne (31-03-17), WADDIS (22-03-17)

Thanks

...weakens the strength of the smoke...
    I've heard this too in the course of learning about topping and fimming. Seems to be a nasty rumor, but I can't speak from experience. I wonder if they might have meant that is reduces the vigor of the central stalk. This is desirable if you are LST or trying to shape the canopy. You want the auxins to be redirected to the surrounding growth.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smokedragon For This Useful Post:

Glynne (31-03-17), jake420 (31-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Scrogging will give you better overall results because like in a couple post back there will be no lower buds to speak of so in general each bud should have the same quality with a better overall light coverage imo
    Blessings
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

ggotch (24-03-17), Glynne (31-03-17), jake420 (24-03-17)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast